WTB: Hunting for a Moore Bettah Tenor

coolcow

Reaction score
Tried many ways, still no luck on getting a MB.
If anyone have a MB or happens to know anyone with a MB for sell please kindly let me know.
A spruce/milo would be a plus.

Million thanks, cow

Last edited:
Good luck..i hope it happens for you..
odds not too good since 2 were sold 3 weeks ago..but you never know

good luck!

Always someone selling. I've learned in the guitar world that you can find anything you want if you have two things: one, the patience, persistence and due diligence in searching, and, two, the ability and willingness to hand over the dough when the moment of truth arrives.

Always someone selling. I've learned in the guitar world that you can find anything you want if you have two things: one, the patience, persistence and due diligence in searching, and, two, the ability and willingness to hand over the dough when the moment of truth arrives.

I know it's not easy to have someone to sell their MBU, but i'm waiting patiently till the day it comes

Maybe you should offer to consider trades too...might entice those who have more than one MBU but doesn't have one of yours. Just a thought

Maybe you should offer to consider trades too...might entice those who have more than one MBU but doesn't have one of yours. Just a thought

Hey Daniel..

I broker a deal for coolcow with you for your MB and one of the other ukes ...just joking ..hehe

Last edited:
So true, Eyeguy. We've been very fortunate to have acquired over the years some of the best custom and rarest vintage ukes to have been made - some remain in stock and others quickly pass through but each one has its own personality and was well worth the purchase. :D

Coolcow, Ukulele Friend is correct. The wait is worth the effort on these nice instruments, and they are out there.

Check this out: One of the "Holy Grail" guitars I was searching for took a full 5 years to find. I had put out feelers on every known guitar forum, guitar dealer website, and local bulletin board and then followed up continually every 3 months with each on a rotating basis. I even emailed professional performers who I had been told owned one and asked if they were interested in parting with it. No luck. Then one day, out of the blue, came a email from a gentleman I didn't even know who had remembered me asking about this particular guitar some years earlier on a guitar forum. Seems he had walked into a guitar shop a thousand miles away and spotted this particular guitar that had just been taken in that morning on a trade. I called the shop immediately and bought the guitar sight unseen and it is still with me and one of my favorite guitars.

On another occasion, I was contacted by another gentleman who had another "grail" guitar I had been looking for. He agreed to sell it to me and I drove from North Carolina to Atlanta to make the deal, and when I got there, he changed his mind and decided it was too precious to part with. I thanked him profusely for considering to sell it to me and told him I understood completely, because I did, and asked if I could keep in contact with him in case he ever decided to change his mind. He said yes. I emailed him every 6 months to politely check in and see how he was doing and if there had been any change of heart. He always said no, there hadn't been, and I would thank him and gently remind him that if he should ever change his mind, to please afford me the first right of refusal, even if the continually escalating price on this highly sought after vintage guitar was such that I could no longer afford it. This went on for 3 years. Then, one day came the email. He needed to sell the guitar for financial reasons and although he had been offered considerably more by a West Coast vintage guitar dealer, he offered it to me first and for less money since I had been so pleasant and non threatening and unwavering in my desire to own it. I really didn't have the money at the time to buy it, but I made it work anyway and it is worth every penny I paid for it.

Get the picture here?

Patience, persistence, and due diligence and you will eventually be rewarded, although not always on your time schedule and sometimes when you least expect it. But remember, when opportunity knocks on these rare birds, you must be prepared to answer immediately or it will vanish just as quickly.

Best of luck on your quest grasshopper - the hunt is more exciting than the catch IMHO.

Look forward to seeing Coolcow's Moore Bettah new uke day.

Great stories! My holy grail guitar would be a Kevin Ryan Nightingale with flutes( I know they look kind of weird).

Cool cow,
Best of luck with your search! Those are some real beauty's!
I bet eye guy is right, stick with it and one will turn up.
In fact, I'm so sure ill say when you locate the SECOND give me a shout because more than one will probably show up when you least expect it!

The mermaid Uke on his site is AMAZING!

Have you tried to get on his list?

Good idea, I'm offcially consider trades as well. But not my LFdM.

Thanks for the stories eyeguy. I get it, patience & persistence, that's all I have for Moore Bettah's uke.

Thanks for the blessing, I hope one day there's a coolcow's Moore Bettah new uke day as well.

by the way...nice guitars.

Cool cow,
Best of luck with your search! Those are some real beauty's!
I bet eye guy is right, stick with it and one will turn up.
In fact, I'm so sure ill say when you locate the SECOND give me a shout because more than one will probably show up when you least expect it!

The mermaid Uke on his site is AMAZING!

Have you tried to get on his list?

Yes I tried to get on his list but no luck

Yes I tried to get on his list but no luck

I was going to ask to get on his list, despite his website saying it is full, but was told by a Moore Bettah owner that he believed Chuck is no longer accepting custom orders any longer. If anyone hears otherwise let us know. I'll be standing behind coolcow in line.

Top Bottom