PDA

View Full Version : Reddit Overlap

austin1
04-15-2013, 11:47 PM
So just for fun today, I was bee-bopping around Reddit and found
http://www.reddit.com/r/ukulele/

Which got me wondering: how much of an overlap is there between UU and the reddit sub-forum? I thought I saw one or two handles I recognized.

At any rate, no one's posted on UU around r/ukulele for two years, so here we go again!

ukeeku
04-16-2013, 01:25 AM
What have you done? Introducing people to reddit!! they will never know what hit them.
I am so sorry people. Tina must hate you.
on a side note; check out http://www.reddit.com/r/Music/

bazmaz
04-16-2013, 04:48 AM
Ha ha - yeah there are one or two from on here on Reddit. Including myself. Don't quite follow the up down voting myself. Some helpful threads seem to get downvoted to hell whereas a simple picture of someones new uke that they have named can get dozens of up votes (and vice versa on other days)

Eriquito
04-16-2013, 05:22 AM
Yup, I'm on /r/ukulele. I don't post much but I tend to come here for more up to date posts about my favorite instrument.

seeso
04-16-2013, 06:15 AM
I pop in on r/ukulele from time to time. My reddit handle is 5eeso. It used to be boogieshoes.

austin1
04-16-2013, 06:47 AM
Ha ha - yeah there are one or two from on here on Reddit. Including myself. Don't quite follow the up down voting myself. Some helpful threads seem to get downvoted to hell whereas a simple picture of someones new uke that they have named can get dozens of up votes (and vice versa on other days)

I saw you!

austin1
04-16-2013, 06:48 AM
I pop in on r/ukulele from time to time. My reddit handle is 5eeso. It used to be boogieshoes.

Great, so you don't mind if I take boogieshoes then?

seeso
04-16-2013, 06:56 AM
Great, so you don't mind if I take boogieshoes then?

Be my boogie guest.

Sporin
04-16-2013, 07:34 AM
I have it bookmarked, and occasionally post a link to my blog or some other uke thing I've found online. This place is 110% more useful though, and nicer. (don't cross reddit)

austin1
04-17-2013, 04:27 AM
I have it bookmarked, and occasionally post a link to my blog or some other uke thing I've found online. This place is 110% more useful though, and nicer. (don't cross reddit)

Amen to that.

Brandon7s
04-17-2013, 01:32 PM
I'm a regular reader of /r/ukulele, though I tend to only post when I have a scale or chord chart that I've created and want to share.