PDA

View Full Version : Moore Bettah Day for me too...woo hoo

mm stan
04-16-2013, 04:05 PM
I received my Moore Bettah on saturday afternoon, woo hoo :smileybounce: I got on Chuckies list quite a while ago I even forgot when...but when he sent me an email two months ago that
my build was ready to start I was so elated.. Let me say when I opened the case, it was even more than I ever imagined and even though I saw the update photos....it was even more beautiful in person...I strummed and tuned it immediately, took all than a few minuetes that I knew this was a special sounding uke and it sounded amazing...the next day I opened the case and started to play it and noticed it opened up even further and sound beautiful rich and punchy
with a nice resonation, tone, and substain...intonation and tone perfect for me...wow I cannot stop playing this uke or put it down
many of you may know I have a milo/spruce one too and I am glad
they both sound great and different...I am so fortunate it worked out so well as both I can use for different playing styles and songs..Thank you Chuckie for making me two of the greatest ukes I've ever played and heard....I sincerly appriciate it, these ukes will never be sold by me..
PS this uke was a collaboration between Chuckie, Canoe Lady and me.....if you look at the hula dancer, it is Canoe Lady.... :) Big Mahalo's to Chuckie and Diane...

PICTURES ON POST THREE, I ASKED CHUCKIE TO POST FOR ME... :) vvvvvv

kvehe
04-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Wow, wow, wow. What else is there to say?

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
04-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Stan asked me to post these pics for him.
Mahalo Stan, it's been a pleasure!

Newportlocal
04-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Congratulations on your new Moore Bettah Stan! Very happy for you!
You are a great guy! Love the fret markers.

soupking
04-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Wow, good stuff, Chuck and Stan! Awesome!

fumanshu
04-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Congrats Stan!!!!! WOWWWWWWW.....man your uke is just amazing!!!!! Let me know how you like it!!!!

Dan Uke
04-16-2013, 04:15 PM
What kind of material is the ocean? It looks like there are waves in it and the 3D of the koi makes it look alive...amazing!

OK Stan, which one sounds bettah??? :p

Kanaka916
04-16-2013, 04:17 PM
I was wondering wen you was goin say sumting . . . at least I can say I was da one of da first to see the pikchas.

mm stan
04-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Mahalo Plentee for posting the pictures for me Chuckie.....I am very bad at these computer things.... I went to advanced, then manage ....so far so good....then it asked me file name
and I was lost...can anyone help me there...sheesh

Mahalo Plentee, Richie, Matt, Bao, Danny and Danny... the uke is amazing in tone and asthetics....I can understand now when you get a Moore Bettah, you don't need nothing else
unless it's another Moore Bettah.... this has cured my UAS... well maybe a concert Moore Bettah :)

AKuker
04-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Just beautiful! That's going to be great to play with Stan. Congrats!

Lexxy
04-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Wow brother Stan.. :drool: :drool: :drool:

mm stan
04-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Aloha AK uker and Lexxy,

Yes they are my daily players for sure...these ukes will surely improve my playing as it is already doing....simply easy to play and sounds great, so creativity is very high..
Thank You Lexxy for giving me your Moore Bettah spot......I appriciate it very much.... :):shaka:

Dan Uke
04-16-2013, 04:49 PM
I can understand now when you get a Moore Bettah, you don't need nothing else
unless it's another Moore Bettah.... this has cured my UAS... well maybe a concert Moore Bettah :)

Everyone's getting more than one!! Me getting jealous!!

I know I'm not gonna get lucky and be the first one to reply for a spec again so gonna have to visit Chuck and time one perfectly. Next year, I'm gonna have to visit you Chuck for my 10 year anniversary...It'll be very romantic with Me, my wife, and Chuck!! hehehe

mm stan
04-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Aloha Danny,
Yes mine was planned some time ago....hee hee no need to get jealous :) but that 10 year anniversary idea was real smooth bruddah
:shaka:

vanflynn
04-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Congrats Stan. You one lucky fella. That is a sweet looking uke.

If any of your other ukes get lonely, I can keep them company!

Enjoy!

dkcrown
04-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Congrats Bruddah Stan. On winning the lottery again. She is beautiful.

Tigeralum2001
04-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Wow Stan! Great work, Chuck! The uke couldn't belong be in a better place than with Stan! Maybe I can stop by and oogle it and maybe even hold it!

one day, just one day, I hope to get a spot on "the list." Congrats, Stan!

hawaii 50
04-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Hey Stan..you lucky buggah,,

I hope I can get one before you get your concert.. hehe

but very,very nice and Chuck does it again ..congrats my bruddah
see you soon..

mm stan
04-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Mahalo Plentee Jimmy and Dana,
Yes if my other ukes get lonely and jealous, I will be in hot water......LOL
thank you both for the congrats...isn't she beautiful.... I'm naming her " Diane"......:)

mm stan
04-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Mahalo Lenny and CJ,
You guys can test try it out anyday....but don't drool on it please....hee hee and give it back to me...

hawaii 50
04-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Hey Stan.. I gots to see that beautiful inlay with my own eyes..let's go lunch next week..i feel like checking out that vegi place you know about..

from now on I keep my fingers and eyes crossed..that MB is beautiful and I know the sound/tone out of this world keep your fingers crossed for me...Hehe

Chris Tarman
04-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Congratulations Stan! Another reason for me to come visit you someday!

UkerDanno
04-16-2013, 05:24 PM
Love the headstock! If it sounds as good as it looks, it must be incredible!

mm stan
04-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Aloha Chris,
Mahalo plentee...will be waiting bruddah...just let me know when you buy the tickets... :)

SailQwest
04-16-2013, 05:26 PM
Congrats, Stan! It's stunning!!!

mm stan
04-16-2013, 05:34 PM
Thank you Dan and Kimmy,
It does sound as good as it looks and plays real nice and comfortable too....as I said....My UAS is cured, unless I get a concert Moore Bettah :)

gyosh
04-16-2013, 05:35 PM
The pictures are even better looking then you described.

. . . and I guess it's not hush, hush any more :)

Congrats Stan!

hawaii 50
04-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Thank you Dan and Kimmy,
It does sound as good as it looks and plays real nice and comfortable too....as I said....My UAS is cured, unless I get a concert Moore Bettah :)

Bruddah Stan if you let me take your spot for the concert my UAS will be cured too..for real! ..Hehe

mm stan
04-16-2013, 05:40 PM
51908519095191051911Mahalo Plentee Gary,
I had to share this one with all my UU friends..... :)

Just figured it out how to post pictures....woo hoo

gyosh
04-16-2013, 05:42 PM
I LOVE the bubble fret markers!!!

. . . and the little touches like the inlay on the saddle.

mm stan
04-16-2013, 05:45 PM
Yes Gary, Isn't Chuckie Amazing Talented...such great creativity and insight...it all connects together even the koi colors... :)

erivel
04-16-2013, 05:48 PM
Beautiful Stan! I love the turquoise, matches your Anakoneke nicely! Congrats!!

Newportlocal
04-16-2013, 05:51 PM
51908519095191051911Mahalo Plentee Gary,
I had to share this one with all my UU friends..... :)

Just figured it out how to post pictures....woo hoo

Yay! Make sure you add them to the thread.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?75696-Moore-Bettah-owners-Post-your-pics-here

mm stan
04-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Beautiful Stan! I love the turquoise, matches your Anakoneke nicely! Congrats!!

Aloha Eric,
Yes it matches my Anakoneke and the Pohaku very much...just love turquoise, all in the family....mahalo plentee bruddah....:)

Dan Uke
04-16-2013, 06:00 PM

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?75696-Moore-Bettah-owners-Post-your-pics-here

What's crazy is that there are many ukes that we do not know about. I wish Chuck could share an album of ukes.

Newportlocal
04-16-2013, 06:03 PM
What's crazy is that there are many ukes that we do not know about. I wish Chuck could share an album of ukes.

I would certainly spend a lot of time looking at the album. I have spent lots of time on his site looking at wood,binding,body style, sound holes,headstocks,inlay,etc.:D

mm stan
04-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Aloha Danny and Richie,
If you really wanna see alot of chuckies builds.....>>>>>go to his facebook page and check out his photo albums....amazing man, yup Amazing that man Chuckie :)

mm stan
04-16-2013, 06:08 PM

Aloha Richie,
Mahalo for the link...done posted there too...woo hoo

Newportlocal
04-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Aloha Richie,
Mahalo for the link...done posted there too...woo hoo

So very happy for you Stan, and glad you added it to the thread.:D

I have looked at the Facebook photos, but like Daniel said he makes a lot of ukuleles. Can never see too many photos of them. Always love seeing the unique differences.

Canoe Lady
04-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Stan and Chuck, thanks so much for letting me be part of this build. It was as much fun watching this uke come to life as my own. It is so much more than i ever imagined.
And Stan, you certainly can find a better name for her? Something more Hawaiian?
I hope to get a chance to play it someday.

Dan Uke
04-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Wow...I justed noticed Mermaid 2013 "Sirens of the Sea" inspired by Dawn Greene on his website!! That siren would definitely lead me to the rocks!!

mm stan
04-16-2013, 06:28 PM
Wonder Where Canoe Lady....this ukulele is named as a tribute to her..... :)

Yes I needed to share this one Richie, as the our collaboration between (Chuckie, Diane, and Me) produced one amazing ukulele....it was meant to be seen... :)

mm stan
04-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Stan and Chuck, thanks so much for letting me be part of this build. It was as much fun watching this uke come to life as my own. It is so much more than i ever imagined.
And Stan, you certainly can find a better name for her? Something more Hawaiian?
I hope to get a chance to play it someday.

Aloha Diane,
Okay how does Kiana sound....that is your name in hawaiian... it truely feels like a girl uke and reminds me of you.... :)

Newportlocal
04-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Wonder Where Canoe Lady....this ukulele is named as a tribute to her..... :)

Yes I needed to share this one Richie, as the our collaboration between (Chuckie, Diane, and Me) produced one amazing ukulele....it was meant to be seen... :)

Very happy you shared it with others and you have a dream uke for you.

Canoe Lady
04-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Kiana sounds great. I'm honored.

mm stan
04-16-2013, 06:55 PM
Hey Stan..you lucky buggah,,

I hope I can get one before you get your concert.. hehe

but very,very nice and Chuck does it again ..congrats my bruddah
see you soon..

We both can wish Lenny...and hope our prayers will be heard...why you on the list....I hope I can get on again too he he:shaka:

hawaii 50
04-16-2013, 07:16 PM
We both can wish Lenny...and hope our prayers will be heard...why you on the list....I hope I can get on again too he he:shaka:

Stan I am still wishing,let me take your spot if you get on it again..I buy you lunch at the vegi place ..Hehe

Dan Uke
04-16-2013, 07:19 PM
Stan I am still wishing,let me take your spot if you get on it again..I buy you lunch at the vegi place ..Hehe

When I go back, you better take me somewhere with plenty of meat!! NO vegi for me.

hawaii 50
04-16-2013, 07:24 PM
When I go back, you better take me somewhere with plenty of meat!! NO vegi for me.

no worries..I just trying to get some healthy food sometimes..but I still eat meat like crazy..haha very funny

wickedwahine11
04-16-2013, 07:37 PM
It is beautiful, congratulations. You guys are so lucky to have multiple Moore Bettah ukes. I keep my fingers crossed that I get lucky enough to get one someday too. :)

hawaii 50
04-16-2013, 07:42 PM
It is beautiful, congratulations. You guys are so lucky to have multiple Moore Bettah ukes. I keep my fingers crossed that I get lucky enough to get one someday too. :)

try do like me I got my eyes,fingers and toes crossed..haha

mds725
04-16-2013, 08:10 PM
As painful as it is to see all the Moore Bettahs that have been posted recently, knowing that my chances of ever getting one are, as we used to say in Boston, wicked remote, I'm extremely happy for all the new owners. These MBs couldn't have gone to nicer people! Congrats stan, on landing the "big fish" (or should I say "big koi"?)!

Hippie Dribble
04-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Lovely uke Stan, congratulations. Thanks for sharing the story too, makes it even more special for you.

didgeridoo2
04-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Congrats Stan. Even though I liked your sketches, I have to say Chuckie did you proud. So now you have two of Chuck's tshirts, eh? Beauty. Love the Hula and of course the koi!

keliiyama
04-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Aloha Stan! That is one fine ukulele you got there. Mahalo for sharing it with us;) I hope she brings you joy my friend. Now your other MB is not alone. And I hear you getting a concert! So your MB family is growing. CONGRATS!

bmacir
04-16-2013, 09:11 PM
... it truely feels like a girl uke.... :)

be sure not to strum her too hard then...:D

congrats on your MB, it is truly a piece of art, I bet it sounds as good as it looks

mm stan
04-16-2013, 09:17 PM
Aloha Staci,
Just contact chuckie and get on his list....by the time it gets your turn, you will have saved, sold, or both to get your Moore Bettah..Believe me girl, it is gonna blow anything you
got before....I had many customs and high end ukes, let me say this...none comes even close, it truely is on another level of quality....they sound the best, look the best..comfort and playability that makes your creativity really come out....get one, go for it girl...I know you truely deserve one......

mm stan
04-16-2013, 09:20 PM
As painful as it is to see all the Moore Bettahs that have been posted recently, knowing that my chances of ever getting one are, as we used to say in Boston, wicked remote, I'm extremely happy for all the new owners. These MBs couldn't have gone to nicer people! Congrats stan, on landing the "big fish" (or should I say "big koi"?)!

Aloha Bruddah Mark,
I know it is hard to be patient until you really know when you are on the list...believe me been there, done that....I know what you are going through....your turn will come, right chuckie :)
thank you for the congrats....BTW you have been buying up a storm too....wow

mm stan
04-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Lovely uke Stan, congratulations. Thanks for sharing the story too, makes it even more special for you.

Aloha Bruddah Eugene,
Mahalo Plentee too bruddah...such a sweet collaboration of friends and a Sweet uke....the memories will last forever, this uke will never be sold...trust me... :)

mm stan
04-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Aloha Jeff,
Mahalo Plentee....yes Chuckie sketches and work outdid mine by far...he is a true artist in every way.. I'm not sure any luthier can match his beautiful looking and sounding ukes right now..
he has proven to me that you can build a beautiful uke that sounds great....disspelled the old myth it was impossible...for sure. oh yeah, ha ha I got two shirts....now I got a clean one
when I'm washing the other... :)

hawaii 50
04-16-2013, 09:33 PM
Aloha Jeff,
Mahalo Plentee....yes Chuckie sketches and work outdid mine by far...he is a true artist in every way.. I'm not sure any luthier can match his beautiful looking and sounding ukes right now..
he has proven to me that you can build a beautiful uke that sounds great....disspelled the old myth it was impossible...for sure. oh yeah, ha ha I got two shirts....now I got a clean one
when I'm washing the other... :)

Yes Chuck is one of a kind..that inlay looks crazy nice!

if you got 2 shirts I trade you for one..hehe
you know my trade bait...haha

mm stan
04-16-2013, 09:34 PM
Aloha Bruddah Keli'i,
Mahalo plentee...yes this uke and my slotted Milo have already brought me so much joy in my life brah....my search and UAS has ended....I am completely satisfied....this is ukulele nirvana
for me...yes both sound great and different which covers all the bases for me for songs and styles of playing...as for the concert, prayers sent out already.. :)

Hochapeafarm
04-16-2013, 09:37 PM
Many congratulations to you -- I am so excited for you! Your new MB uke is absolutely beauuuutiful!!! Enjoy!!!!

mm stan
04-16-2013, 09:39 PM
be sure not to strum her too hard then...:D

congrats on your MB, it is truly a piece of art, I bet it sounds as good as it looks

Aloha Bmacir,
Mahalo Plentee too.....funny you should say that, the Milo is a sound monster and has great volume, clean, clear, crisp note separation...I had to learn to pick and strum lightly...
this is what a high end quality ukulele is really about....only then i realize there is nothing close I've played...just a different level... :)

mm stan
04-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Many congratulations to you -- I am so excited for you! Your new MB uke is absolutely beauuuutiful!!! Enjoy!!!!

Aloha Hochapeafarm,
Big mahalos to you......I am so excited everytime I pick up this uke up....never had the feeling as strong as this...and I have and had lots of ukes from budget to customs in the past.
now I'm wondering what should I do? you have any ideas???

hawaii 50
04-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Aloha Bruddah Keli'i,
Mahalo plentee...yes this uke and my slotted Milo have already brought me so much joy in my life brah....my search and UAS has ended....I am completely satisfied....this is ukulele nirvana
for me...yes both sound great and different which covers all the bases for me for songs and styles of playing...as for the concert, prayers sent out already.. :)

Stan..you starting to sound like me..I am almost completely satisfied...hehe

mm stan
04-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Stan..you starting to sound like me..I am almost completely satisfied...hehe

Aloha Lenny,

You almost??? hmmmm are you trying to say something....hee hee :)

hawaii 50
04-16-2013, 10:47 PM
Aloha Lenny,

You almost??? hmmmm are you trying to say something....hee hee :)

just wishing I can get to the end of of the tunnel...hehe

mm stan
04-16-2013, 10:51 PM
just wishing I can get to the end of of the tunnel...hehe

Okay...thought you were talking code with me again...hee hee :)

guitharsis
04-16-2013, 11:18 PM
Congrats Stan. Love your new MB!

mm stan
04-16-2013, 11:39 PM
Aloha Lina Girl,
Good Morning...Thank you so much.....it looks and sounds at another level.... get one girl... It's like driving a volkswagon and a BMW...you will benefit from one plays like a dream too
and I cannot put it down....it sparks creativity believe me.... :)

Wongo
04-17-2013, 12:03 AM
What an absolutely stunning ukulele. Hope you have many joyous hours with her

Telperion
04-17-2013, 12:34 AM
Another beauty. Just adding to the legend of "The Man in the (gas) Mask!"

coolcow
04-17-2013, 01:13 AM
Alirght....that's it.....I'm movng next to you Stan.....

fumanshu
04-17-2013, 01:24 AM
I thought that my UAS was done......and now Stan you come and show this......man I start to dream for a new custom again!!!! hahahahah!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/baouke

AndrewKuker
04-17-2013, 01:42 AM
Awesome! So happy for you Stan! Can you let me try it one day? Such a beauty, I remember when you were sketching out these ideas. So cool. And Chuck... respect!!

AndrewKuker
04-17-2013, 01:46 AM
i love the bubble fret markers!!!

. . . And the little touches like the inlay on the saddle.

^^^^^^yes!!

Ahnko Honu
04-17-2013, 01:50 AM
Congratulations Stan, WOW what a beauty. I'm a lolo but I think I'd be afraid to play something so nice. I'm sure you two will make beautiful music together. Mahalo for sharing your new baby.

Kanaka916
04-17-2013, 01:54 AM
Eh Brah, welcome back!

KimosTherapy
04-17-2013, 02:11 AM
Ho, Ahnko Stan!!!

WOWEEEEE!!!!:drool: Your MB shua looks absolutely AMAZING!!! CONGRATS on your new addition to your MB Ohana! :cheers: Gotta go visit you one day fo check em out first hand! Enjoy Ahnko ... couldn't have gone to a Moore deserving bruddah!!!

mketom
04-17-2013, 02:20 AM
Wow!!! Congrats Stan! Your Kiana is incredible! Enjoy!

BlueLatitude
04-17-2013, 03:58 AM
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!! It's all utterly fantastic, but that turquoise inlay on the dark saddle just makes me drool.

I need to get on the list to get on the list to get on the MB list.

Trinimon
04-17-2013, 04:19 AM
Dang, another beauty by Chuck! Congrats bruddah Stan! I'm starting to feel left out of the MB group.... :p

mm stan
04-17-2013, 05:04 AM
What an absolutely stunning ukulele. Hope you have many joyous hours with her

Mahalo Wongo, Yes this uke will neva be sold...and it already has been played alot since I got it....woo hoo :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 05:06 AM
Another beauty. Just adding to the legend of "The Man in the (gas) Mask!"
Aloha Sjshiner,
Yes there is only one Chuck Moore, and nobody even close man....:)

Mandarb
04-17-2013, 05:06 AM
Congrats Stan! Looks beautiful - enjoy!

mm stan
04-17-2013, 05:08 AM
Aloha Jen,
Hawaii is so nice girl, hope one day you do.....plus I get to play all your high end customs too...thank you :)

Loudster
04-17-2013, 05:10 AM
Ooh, I really like the how the fretmarkers were incorporated as bubbles for the fish down the neck. Congrats on the beautiful new uke!

seeso
As you know, I think she's gorgeous! Congrats! Love that blue.

mm stan
Alooha BAO,
Mahalo Plentee man, My UAS is cured now man...fo reals, took some time and only a Moore Bettahs could acheive this I now know....no need for anything else :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 05:12 AM
Awesome! So happy for you Stan! Can you let me try it one day? Such a beauty, I remember when you were sketching out these ideas. So cool. And Chuck... respect!!

Aloha Andrew,
Mahalo Plentee Andrew, When we go lunch with Len and S, I will bring it along bruddah....I gotta see what you the man get for your own priviate ukulele stash too..:)
Yes the faux turquoise really tied all my elements together.. and Chuckie did an amazing job....he really did make my dream uke come true....there is a theme to my Kiana :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 05:18 AM
Congratulations Stan, WOW what a beauty. I'm a lolo but I think I'd be afraid to play something so nice. I'm sure you two will make beautiful music together. Mahalo for sharing your new baby.

Aloha Bruddah Ahnko Honu,
Mahalo Plentee Brah, Wassup and Howzit Lidat and So great to have the main UU man back....been some time, so glad I followed you on You Tube, Hope you health has improved ....:)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 05:22 AM
Ho, Ahnko Stan!!!

WOWEEEEE!!!!:drool: Your MB shua looks absolutely AMAZING!!! CONGRATS on your new addition to your MB Ohana! :cheers: Gotta go visit you one day fo check em out first hand! Enjoy Ahnko ... couldn't have gone to a Moore deserving bruddah!!!
Aloha Bruddah Kimo,
Ho brah, the buggah is amazing in looks and git one killa mean sound....No can put dis bugga down and I always going to grab the Moore Bettahs Now...My UAS is cured...Can't wait fo wen you
hit back home so we can git together....no problem, you can play um anytime... :)

hawaii 50
04-17-2013, 05:24 AM
Aloha Andrew,
Mahalo Plentee Andrew, When we go lunch with Len and S, I will bring it along bruddah....I gotta see what you the man get for your own priviate ukulele stash too..:)
Yes the faux turquoise really tied all my elements together.. and Chuckie did an amazing job....he really did make my dream uke come true....there is a theme to my Kiana :)

Hey bruddah Stan

I don't know if Andrew can wait that long..you talking Oct..
we stop at the Wahiawa shop before we go to HMS Haleiwa..feel better fast so we can show your beautiful MB off..hehe

congrats again..keep on strumming
you lucky that...

mm stan
04-17-2013, 05:24 AM
Wow!!! Congrats Stan! Your Kiana is incredible! Enjoy!

Aloha Mketom,
Mahalo Plentee....yes you being a multiple Moore bettah owner know how they sound and look....Kiana is a looker the sings so sweet man... :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 05:27 AM
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!! It's all utterly fantastic, but that turquoise inlay on the dark saddle just makes me drool.

I need to get on the list to get on the list to get on the MB list.
Mahalo Plentee BL,
Yes Turquoise is my fav, love it to death.....Yes Get on the list, you won't need another uke again ...believe me... I'm worried I am gonna wear this ukulele out....ha ha :)

wadleysf
04-17-2013, 05:28 AM
Stan,

:drool:

Wow!

That's a stunningly beautiful instrument. I'm sure you have many "keepers" but this must rise to the top for sure. mds725 had described the idea behind the fretboard and headstock detail to me, but seeing the pictures really showed not only what a great instrument this is, but also that it's beautiful art too.

Enjoy!

mm stan
04-17-2013, 05:29 AM
Dang, another beauty by Chuck! Congrats bruddah Stan! I'm starting to feel left out of the MB group.... :p
Aloha Carlton,
Mahalo Plentee Bruddah....I am shua you getting one one day...no forget the lup cheongs in the morning and the moore bettah's is what life is all about :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 05:30 AM
Congrats Stan! Looks beautiful - enjoy!

Aloha Mandarb,
Mahalo Plentee...brother....I am gonna wear did uke out....I promise.... hee hee :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 05:33 AM
Ooh, I really like the how the fretmarkers were incorporated as bubbles for the fish down the neck. Congrats on the beautiful new uke!

Aloha Loudster,
Mahalo Plentee for the congrats....oh Yes the S shaped Bubbles for the fret markers was on the initial design....chuckie added to make them get bigger too and they came out amazing...
he is a true artist....:)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 05:37 AM
As you know, I think she's gorgeous! Congrats! Love that blue.

Aloha Bruddah Seeso,
Mahalo Plenteee for the congrats.....Kiana has a sweet voice and serenades me everytime I pick her up....doesn't she look good in blue....:)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 05:40 AM
Hey bruddah Stan

I don't know if Andrew can wait that long..you talking Oct..
we stop at the Wahiawa shop before we go to HMS Haleiwa..feel better fast so we can show your beautiful MB off..hehe

congrats again..keep on strumming
you lucky that...
Aloha Bruddah Lenny,
Yes we gotta go to see Mike and Andrew sooner when I feel up to it and get better...not to show it off man, but to share Kiana's Beauty and voice for shua :) plus I get to see my good friends 2

hawaii 50
04-17-2013, 05:46 AM
Aloha Bruddah Lenny,
Yes we gotta go to see Mike and Andrew sooner when I feel up to it and get better...not to show it off man, but to share Kiana's Beauty and voice for shua :) plus I get to see my good friends 2

yes we got to do that..we pick a nice sunny day..

Andrew must have some nice ukes..but he told me he wants to be like you..surrounded by beautiful ukes to play when he retired and kicking back like me..

he big family man right now very busy with the best Ukulele store in the World..but he got to have some interesting ukes huh? I hope Andrew can get a MB for himself one day..

mm stan
04-17-2013, 05:46 AM
Stan,

:drool:
Wow!

That's a stunningly beautiful instrument. I'm sure you have many "keepers" but this must rise to the top for sure. mds725 had described the idea behind the fretboard and headstock detail to me, but seeing the pictures really showed not only what a great instrument this is, but also that it's beautiful art too.

Enjoy!

Aloha Brother Adrian,
Mahalo Plentee man, yes this one and my slotted MB is the cream at the top....Chuckie Demythed the old sayin by building a great looking uke with an incrediable voice....
just love to even strum her lightly and take in the Sweet sound....:)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 05:53 AM
yes we got to do that..we pick a nice sunny day..

Andrew must have some nice ukes..but he told me he wants to be like you..surrounded by beautiful ukes to play when he retired and kicking back like me..

he big family man right now very busy with the best Ukulele store in the World..but he got to have some interesting ukes huh? I hope Andrew can get a MB for himself one day..

Aloha Bruddah Lenny,
He like be like me...:) sheesh I like be like him, are you kidding, he gets to play some great ukes daily with his Dad John and brother Noa building them....but, I am sure if he tries my
Moore Bettahs, he will drool man...I certainly hope he gets one, one day....:) I know he's been telling me he really wants a personal moore bettah for himself... can't blame him, we all do :)

hawaii 50
04-17-2013, 05:56 AM
Aloha Bruddah Lenny,
He like be like me...:) sheesh I like be like him, are you kidding, he gets to play some great ukes daily with his Dad John and brother Noa building them....but, I am sure if he tries my
Moore Bettahs, he will drool man...I certainly hope he gets one, one day....:) I know he's been telling me he really wants a personal moore bettah for himself... can't blame him, we all do :)

Ha I want to be like him too..
and I want to be like Mike(MGM) he plays um all too..what a life!

fumanshu
04-17-2013, 06:01 AM
Alooha BAO,
Mahalo Plentee man, My UAS is cured now man...fo reals, took some time and only a Moore Bettahs could acheive this I now know....no need for anything else :)

hey Stan, man seeing how you are happy with your MB, just make me thinking more and more about getting in toucvh with Chuck.....how long is the waiting time??

Dan Uke
04-17-2013, 06:08 AM
Stan, you really think your UAS is cured??? Don't forget about a Sop & Con MBU!! LOL

You should sell a few of your neglected ukes to the community! :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 06:19 AM
Aloha Bao,
My MB order took a year and half in the waiting, and probally even longer as Lexxy gave me his place too....do it now, by the time it starts, you will be covered to pay for it..you just have to stop buying more ukes until then... :)
believe me, your UAS will be cured then....it's a two step plan to cure UAS :)
1) Save money and buy no more ukes
2) when you get it, you will be cured

mm stan
04-17-2013, 06:21 AM
Stan, you really think your UAS is cured??? Don't forget about a Sop & Con MBU!! LOL

You should sell a few of your neglected ukes to the community! :)
Aloha Bruddah Danny,
When You get a spot from Chuckie, please pass it on to me then.... I am sure I want a concert now... :)
I feel my other ukes may get jealous with Kiana and Keone :)

caukulele
04-17-2013, 06:22 AM
Well Stan, as you know, I think this ukulele is simply incredible....I love the colors and all the details... It is truly a work of art...How rare and fantastic it is when art and music blend so perfectly to create something wondrous....As an artist, I take my hat off (if I wore one) to Chuck!

mm stan
04-17-2013, 06:38 AM
Aloha Denise,
Mahalo Plentee for the kind words....woo hoo you are right from a artistic standpoint, Chuckie is an artist in every way....what is so amazing is his creative level that he must play the uke
real nice, cook great meals and does great art too....man of many hats and so gifted....truely one of a Kind....:)

Doc_J
04-17-2013, 06:45 AM
Hi Stan, Just saw this. Wow. The koi and the bubble fret markers are so cool!
Congratulations!

mm stan
04-17-2013, 06:52 AM
Hi Stan, Just saw this. Wow. The koi and the bubble fret markers are so cool!
Congratulations!

Mahalo Plentee Doc,
Yes it was a fun build and a great collaboration between Chuckie, Diane and me....which I got an amazing ukulele...pssst....(Get One Man) it's the only uke you will need, well maybe another MB
yes isn't Chuck so amazing and his work is way beyond of my dreams....

Dan Uke
04-17-2013, 07:07 AM
Mahalo Plentee Doc,
Yes it was a fun build and a great collaboration between Chuckie, Diane and me....which I got an amazing ukulele...pssst....(Get One Man) it's the only uke you will need, well maybe another MB
yes isn't Chuck so amazing and his work is way beyond of my dreams....

Doc already got one...he's like the rest of us trying to get two like you!!! hehe

mm stan
04-17-2013, 07:12 AM
Doc already got one...he's like the rest of us trying to get two like you!!! hehe
Aloha Danny,
Mahalo..I did not know...got to look for doc's MB picture then...oh my...you guys trying to get another MB.....I better ask to get on the list again for my concert then...he he

hawaii 50
04-17-2013, 07:16 AM

Hey Daniel two>> I just need one and my UAS days would be over..you killing me..keep my fingers crossed...hehe

808boy
04-17-2013, 07:18 AM
Wow Bruddah,
Da buggah stay nice. No can wait fo July to try'um. I going have my Wix too by den. See you soon eh. Oh, no foget, UU Day in Hawaii Nei.
Aloha, Bo.....

ukestah
04-17-2013, 07:41 AM
Wow, bruddah Stan! I am disappointed... I thought it'd look nicer... LoL Kidding bruddah! The pics probably does not do it justice! It is BEAUTIFUL!!! Great looking wood, the inlay is unreal, just the total package ties in together so dang well! I can try it when we meet up or what? ;) I'll bring my ABW Char haha! Congrats my bruddah, happy for you!

mm stan
04-17-2013, 07:50 AM
Wow Bruddah,
Da buggah stay nice. No can wait fo July to try'um. I going have my Wix too by den. See you soon eh. Oh, no foget, UU Day in Hawaii Nei.
Aloha, Bo.....

Aloha Bruddah Bo,
Da bugga sweet and smooth to play....of course you can try um, no forget to bring your wixom too brah...hope you having a great time back home too... Mahalo plentee :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 07:55 AM
Wow, bruddah Stan! I am disappointed... I thought it'd look nicer... LoL Kidding bruddah! The pics probably does not do it justice! It is BEAUTIFUL!!! Great looking wood, the inlay is unreal, just the total package ties in together so dang well! I can try it when we meet up or what? ;) I'll bring my ABW Char haha! Congrats my bruddah, happy for you!

Aloha Bruddah Danny,
Wassup lidat brah... howzit da kine....ha ha yeah all dat blue ties it well together....love it to death, best sounding and looking uke I ever have or had..
"NOTHING COMES CLOSE TO A MOORE BETTAH'' believe me :) I hear you git plenty good ukes too..Char, manae, and two Ventos...gotta stop by and see
Andrew and Mike too...We gotta go fo some good thai food in haleiwa and some fresh wata prawns from da truck...can't wait to play your ukes too...wow

Gillian
04-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Dear Stan,

Now that "Kiana" is out of the bag...;)

it's my turn to say Very Happy Strummings to you!

mm stan
04-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Aloha Gillian,
Mahalo Plentee Girl, ha ha yes yes....:) Did not know if I could hold it in any longer...hee hee Kiana is Gorgeous and has a sweet voice...
I hope your compass rose arrives soon... I know you have been waiting patiently....I know it will sound awesome too...
Hope you feel better too, sending my best island get well vibes your way....have a nice day....Talk to you soon :)

Kmetzger
04-17-2013, 08:26 AM
Beautiful. Congratulations!!

hawaii 50
04-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Aloha Gillian,
Mahalo Plentee Girl, ha ha yes yes....:) Did not know if I could hold it in any longer...hee hee Kiana is Gorgeous and has a sweet voice...
I hope your compass rose arrives soon... I know you have been waiting patiently....I know it will sound awesome too...
Hope you feel better too, sending my best island get well vibes your way....have a nice day....Talk to you soon :)

Gillian that goes for me too..
I hope your CR coming soon..make sure you give us a clip with you playing it..

hope you doing well>> go Sharks!

fumanshu
04-17-2013, 08:49 AM
Aloha Bao,
My MB order took a year and half in the waiting, and probally even longer as Lexxy gave me his place too....do it now, by the time it starts, you will be covered to pay for it..you just have to stop buying more ukes until then... :)
believe me, your UAS will be cured then....it's a two step plan to cure UAS :)
1) Save money and buy no more ukes
2) when you get it, you will be cured

Woahhhh, one year and a half in the waiting......man it's a lot of patience!!!!!!!!! I never wait that much for a custom!!!!! But I'm sure it totally worth it.......I guess, like you said, I'll be able to save money for it during that time too......

hawaii 50
04-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Woahhhh, one year and a half in the waiting......man it's a lot of patience!!!!!!!!! I never wait that much for a custom!!!!! But I'm sure it totally worth it.......I guess, like you said, I'll be able to save money for it during that time too......

it not as easy a getting on the list and waiting a year and a half..

you have to get on the list first..there is a waiting list to get on the list..put your name on it now,or even longer wait..good luck

Craig Chee
04-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Absolutely gorgeous and very creative. Any chance of making a little video for us so we can also experience the sound? :) I've been consistantly impressed with the MB ukes that I've run into at different uke fests. Congratulations again!

sukie
04-17-2013, 09:32 AM
It's beautiful, MM! How do you choose which one to play? :-)

ChaosToo
04-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Gorgeous Stan (and Chuck!)! I think the closest I'll come to a MB is if I get to look at one when I come to Hawaii in a couple of years! :D

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
04-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Wowzers. Beauty!!! Congrats, Stan, on having an amazing ukulele to cover with strum marks! And thanks, Chuck, for building another ukulele wonder of the world!

hmgberg
04-17-2013, 12:16 PM
That's an extraordinary piece of work you have there Stan!!!!!!!!!!!! Stunning. Jaw-droppingly beautiful. Oh, I would love to see and hear it in person. Maybe in Sept.

Trinimon
04-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Aloha Carlton,
Mahalo Plentee Bruddah....I am shua you getting one one day...no forget the lup cheongs in the morning and the moore bettah's is what life is all about :)

Haha, yeah I better get in Chuck's good books and waiting list and start saving $$. A MB is definitely on my list of MUST have ukes. Hehe, let me know when you need a refill. :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Aloha Bruddah Keith,
Mahalo Nui too...Yes we are very fortunate to get our ukes now when Chuckie is at the top of his game...Congrats also on your awesome Moore Bettah...I bet it sound pretty close to mine
that is certainly a winning combination of woods...I am sure many are think to follow our builds..Rich, Yours and mine. Happy Strummings Man :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Aloha Bao,
I am sure you have so many ukes to keep you busy in the meantime until your build starts....I know it is hard and you get excited on any new build...I guess it starts when you get on the list
believe me when you open the case for the first time...it will be well worth it...I almost fainted when I took first strum, as his uke sounded great after 5 minuetes of first tuning...even while the
strings was breaking in I could hear Kiana's voice...it is heavenly...

mm stan
04-17-2013, 01:01 PM

you have to get on the list first..there is a waiting list to get on the list..put your name on it now,or even longer wait..good luck

Aloha Bruddah Lenny,
Now you are scaring Bao..list of the list.... hee hee I've heard others say they calm down once they hear back that they are on the list... :)

costaricadave
04-17-2013, 01:02 PM
WOW!! Yet another great looking ukulele from Chuck!! Congrats to you!

mm stan
04-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Absolutely gorgeous and very creative. Any chance of making a little video for us so we can also experience the sound? :) I've been consistantly impressed with the MB ukes that I've run into at different uke fests. Congratulations again!

Aloha Bruddah Craig,
Mahalo Plentee...for the nice words...Yes Mystery Man does no videos...but I will sure look for my old sound cloud account....yes Chuckies at the top of his game now, Get one brah go for it man
Happy Strummings... :)

wayfarer75
04-17-2013, 01:05 PM
I love the bubble fret markers. Great idea!

mm stan
04-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Aloha Suki,
Mahalo Plentee Susan,
They both sound very different because of the chosen woods...and they both sound great...this koa MB sound warm and rich, while my Milo/spruce is brighter clean clear crisp note separation
I pick songs and playings styles for which one to use....I am in ukulele nirvana girl.....you know the feeling :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Gorgeous Stan (and Chuck!)! I think the closest I'll come to a MB is if I get to look at one when I come to Hawaii in a couple of years! :D

Aloha Keith,
Mahalo plentee braddah....get on the list and when you come to hawaii, you can pick it up...and even play mine....once you play mine the choice is simple.. :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Wowzers. Beauty!!! Congrats, Stan, on having an amazing ukulele to cover with strum marks! And thanks, Chuck, for building another ukulele wonder of the world!
Aloha Ronny,
Mahalo Plentee bruddah tfor the congrats too...no strum marks here...I love to strum about the 12th fret usually...but this uke I do feel comfortable lower but I am afraid to scratch it hee hee :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 01:20 PM
That's an extraordinary piece of work you have there Stan!!!!!!!!!!!! Stunning. Jaw-droppingly beautiful. Oh, I would love to see and hear it in person. Maybe in Sept.

Aloha Howie,
Mahalo plentee for the nice kind words...I appriciate it very much...being a luthier yourself, I am wondering if I should post Chuckies build pictures, of course I would have to ask his permission first....What do you think folks...should I ask Chuckie if I can post the update pictures...I am sure he has some secrets that he wants to keep confidential....hmm yes Can wait for you and
the Wifey to return to honolulu to visit me....woo hoo :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Haha, yeah I better get in Chuck's good books and waiting list and start saving $$. A MB is definitely on my list of MUST have ukes. Hehe, let me know when you need a refill. :)

Aloha Bruddah Carlton,
Believe this is the best recommendatiod for ukes you will ever get....it is well worth it and much more...I feel it has increased my creativity when playing already...you feel so comfortable
and it sounds so nice ....almost naturally... seems so effortless playing...got half package left of the sausages...yums thank you soo much.. :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 01:27 PM
WOW!! Yet another great looking ukulele from Chuck!! Congrats to you!
Aloha and Wassup Dave...
Mahalo plentee too bruddah...oh man you know this uke sounds amazing....well I am sure yours sounds the same way....:) by the way, you wen miss the 25 footers on the North shore last week
it was some killer surf...of course.. just like this is a killer ukulele.... :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 01:30 PM
I love the bubble fret markers. Great idea!

Aloha Wayfarer75,
Mahalo Plentee for your kind words...Yes it is an amazing ukulele....the bubbles escalating in size and in a S trail is what pulls the blue element together on this uke...
asthetics aside...it sounds amazing.....Chuckie is such a master at his craft and he really does make dreams come true :) get one girl

Dan Uke
04-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Aloha Suki,
this koa MB sound warm and rich, while my Milo/spruce is brighter clean clear crisp note separation

That's how I would describe the woods...Glad you are enjoying it.

mm stan
04-17-2013, 01:35 PM
That's how I would describe the woods...Glad you are enjoying it.

Aloha Danny,
Yes and Chuckies ukes all have the punch of resonation and substain with great perfect intonation and tone...simply put, Amazing and definetely a jaw dropper and drooler you'll be :)

wickedwahine11
04-17-2013, 02:09 PM

Yeah, I don't mind the waiting period but his website says his list is full. :(

Tonya
04-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Geesh, I'm off the board for a day (darn that work!) and look what Stan shows up with.

It's been so fun to read all the positive comments about this ukulele, which, is, obviously, a real stunner (and a player, too, as Stan shared). What really makes me smile, though, is how much aloha Stan has spread through UU through the years--and that makes his excitement and all of our shared joy with him that much sweeter. Next time I'm on Oahu, Stan, I hope to meet up with you and we can play our MooreBettahs and share some of that great sound (as long as you don't mind my simple playing!). Congrats, again.

Tonya
04-17-2013, 02:13 PM
P.S. Does it smell really, really good, too? I tell Chuck that what he calls a "side sound port" is really what I call my "sniff here and smile" port.

Nickie
04-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Congrats my friend! You deserve it....but that don't make me any less jealous, LOL
I love it...simply gorgeous says I...

mkatz
04-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Congratulations Stan!

mm stan
04-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I don't mind the waiting period but his website says his list is full. :(

Aloha Staci,
Send Chuckie a email request....the sooner you do, the sooner you'll get one....it all starts with the communication with chuckie...no worry he is real nice girl...Go for it ...:)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Geesh, I'm off the board for a day (darn that work!) and look what Stan shows up with.

It's been so fun to read all the positive comments about this ukulele, which, is, obviously, a real stunner (and a player, too, as Stan shared). What really makes me smile, though, is how much aloha Stan has spread through UU through the years--and that makes his excitement and all of our shared joy with him that much sweeter. Next time I'm on Oahu, Stan, I hope to meet up with you and we can play our MooreBettahs and share some of that great sound (as long as you don't mind my simple playing!). Congrats, again.

Aloha Tonya,
Mahalo Plentee for you kind words and congrats...yes hurry to hawaii, my health is deteriorating quickly...shoots....I am down to a simple strummer now mostly with a few picks here and there..
but I do enjoy my moore Bettahs very much....I heard from friends who really like yours too....a couple have mentioned it to me....happy strummings girl....
by the way check out Tonya uke blog I love it.. in her signature :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 03:00 PM
P.S. Does it smell really, really good, too? I tell Chuck that what he calls a "side sound port" is really what I call my "sniff here and smile" port.

Ha Ha I love the new uke smell.....hee hee I had another uke that another builder made and he used some sweet buffing compound....two years later I am still smelling it....
Love Chuckies side sound port too....hell I love everything about Chuckies ukes.....:)

SCSue
04-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Congratulations, Stan! What a totally beautiful uke!

mm stan
04-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Congrats my friend! You deserve it....but that don't make me any less jealous, LOL
I love it...simply gorgeous says I...
Aloha Nickie,
Mahalo plentee My Friend.....thank you for your kind and nice words....ha ha Activan is a sweet looker too :) how is your new U bass working for you...:) do tell girl

Pueo
04-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Wow Stan, that is a lovely ukulele. I especially like the bubbles from the koi as fret markers. It is little touches like that which place Chuck in a league of his own.
COngratulations on (another!) amazing instrument!

mm stan
04-17-2013, 03:04 PM
Congratulations Stan!
Aloha Mitch,
Long time no hear bruddah....hope all is well Mahalo plentee for da congrat loving my MB to death for sure. literally.... :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Congratulations, Stan! What a totally beautiful uke!

Aloha Sue,
Mahalo Plentee for the congrats and kind and nice words...She (Kiana) is real sweet too.....almost cannot put her down....she is a real eye catcher :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Wow Stan, that is a lovely ukulele. I especially like the bubbles from the koi as fret markers. It is little touches like that which place Chuck in a league of his own.
COngratulations on (another!) amazing instrument!
Aloha Bruddah Damon,
Howzit brah....hope you had a nice vacation to California...I heard you had a great time....mahalo nui bruddah...da sista (Kiana) sounds so sweet and it is a dream to play fo shua.
yes No one even compares to Chuckie....the man is artistically gifted....just like you said on another level...this is ukulele nirvana for me, my absoulute dream uke...:)
We still got to get together one day brah...:) maybe at mikes shop, festival or Kimos get togethers...

hawaii 50
04-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Aloha Bruddah Lenny,
Now you are scaring Bao..list of the list.... hee hee I've heard others say they calm down once they hear back that they are on the list... :)

Haha good one bruddah Stan..hehe

BIGDB
04-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Wow! Congrats! The head stock looks so nice and one of the coolest rossetes I've ever seen. Hope one day I can afford a Moore bettah one day

hawaii 50
04-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Aloha Bruddah Damon,
Howzit brah....hope you had a nice vacation to California...I heard you had a great time....mahalo nui bruddah...da sista (Kiana) sounds so sweet and it is a dream to play fo shua.
yes No one even compares to Chuckie....the man is artistically gifted....just like you said on another level...this is ukulele nirvana for me, my absoulute dream uke...:)
We still got to get together one day brah...:) maybe at mikes shop, festival or Kimos get togethers...

Damon..
hope the get together with you too at Bo's get together,,I bring Stan with me..i am friends with Daniel and Richard..hope you had fun in SoCal

Kakaako waterfront park would be nice place to hang out at..

Dan Uke
04-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Damon..
hope the get together with you too at Bo's get together,,I bring Stan with me..i am friends with Daniel and Richard..hope you had fun in SoCal

Kakaako waterfront park would be nice place to hang out at..

In case someone wants to hang out with Stan & Len. They couple of grumpy old men!! LOL

mm stan
04-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Wow! Congrats! The head stock looks so nice and one of the coolest rossetes I've ever seen. Hope one day I can afford a Moore bettah one day
Aloha big

Aloha BigDB,
Mahalo Plentee for the kind wordsa and congratulations...yes I love all the blue accents which ties all the uke elements together.....and I love the turqouise rosette...it signifies water
on this uke as I like in a island...no worries, I am sure you will get one, one day....Happy strummings :)

hawaii 50
04-17-2013, 04:52 PM
In case someone wants to hang out with Stan & Len. They couple of grumpy old men!! LOL

I got the nice watch..Lol

mm stan
04-17-2013, 04:54 PM

Hey who you calling old man :) and I am not grumpy too...I think :)

mm stan
04-17-2013, 05:01 PM

Aloha Len,
That young whippersnapper called us old.... :rolleyes: he he and Grumpy too:confused:.....and all you can say you got a new watch...:p

Dan Uke
04-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Aloha Len,
That young whippersnapper called us old.... :rolleyes: he he and Grumpy too:confused:.....and all you can say you got a new watch...:p

I'm gonna call you haole too!! Just Kiddin!! :p

Stan you too funny bout Len...maybe he didn't know I was making fun of you two!!

hawaii 50
04-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Aloha Len,

he might be right...hehe

Daniel eats to much meat,,,haha

tigersister
04-17-2013, 07:23 PM
Stan, it's gorgeous. Congrats on your Moore Bettah!

countrybumpkin
04-17-2013, 08:39 PM
It's been ages since I've been on here. Congrats Stan. Moving up in the world. Aloha.

mds725
04-17-2013, 08:49 PM

Ha! Love the t-shirt!

mm stan
04-18-2013, 12:43 AM
Stan, it's gorgeous. Congrats on your Moore Bettah!

Mahalo PLentee Sistah,
For the congratulations and kind words of Kiana's Beauty...her voice is amazing girl...it makes me melt :)

mm stan
04-18-2013, 12:49 AM
It's been ages since I've been on here. Congrats Stan. Moving up in the world. Aloha.
Aloha CB,
Howzit...Glad to see you back, it been a long while...not sur why the long Hiatus, hope all is well.... I had to get on for us in honolulu...hee hee
Mahalo Plentee for da kind words and congrats too...the uke is amazing in every facet....believe me, get one... Creativity is high when it is natuarally
comfortable and when it sounds nice...:) hope to see more of you around ....a hui ho

mm stan
04-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Ha! Love the t-shirt!

Aloha Markie,
Stop digging up old photos...ha ha you bad boy :)

Pueo
04-18-2013, 12:40 PM
Len, Stan, let me know if you guys get together, or need me to drive even - would love to get together. I live in Ewa and work at Ala Moana.

hawaii 50
04-18-2013, 01:49 PM
Len, Stan, let me know if you guys get together, or need me to drive even - would love to get together. I live in Ewa and work at Ala Moana.

OK in July Stan's friend Bo wants to get together..I think his UU name Kimo's Therapy..

just came back from watching some Golf at Ko'olina

Hippie Dribble
04-18-2013, 02:03 PM
OK in July Stan's friend Bo wants to get together..I think his UU name Kimo's Therapy..

Bo = 808boy

hawaii 50
04-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Bo = 808boy

Thanks
Pueo sorry 808 boy..I not sure what Stan was saying about Kimo?

mm stan
04-19-2013, 02:05 AM

Nope Lenny....My friend Bruddah Bo is 808boy here.. :) Kimo is another UU member friend.... both are with hawaii roots... :)

teruterubouzu
04-19-2013, 02:28 AM
Congratulations on that uke, Stan! It's beautiful.

Uncle Rod Higuchi
04-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Congrats Brah!

I haven't read the entire thread, but I wanted to share my joy (and envy). Eh, you gotta show me when we get together! This Summer, I hope! :)

Very beautiful, and the fret markers as bubbles from the Koi... genius!

keep uke'in',

PS I've got to order one from Chuck, but I haven't won the lottery... yet :)

mm stan
04-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Congratulations on that uke, Stan! It's beautiful.
Aloha Sistah Amy,
Mahalo Plentee for the congrats ......she (Kiana) Sounds amazing....and she is a real looker....wow

patfia
04-19-2013, 05:15 PM
Stan! You one lucky buggah! Not just one but two beautiful works of the Great Chuck. Great name you chose. Makes me think of Kiana Davenport, wonderful hapa-haole writer.

mm stan
04-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Congrats Brah!

I haven't read the entire thread, but I wanted to share my joy (and envy). Eh, you gotta show me when we get together! This Summer, I hope! :)

Very beautiful, and the fret markers as bubbles from the Koi... genius!

keep uke'in',

PS I've got to order one from Chuck, but I haven't won the lottery... yet :)
Aloha Unko Rod,
Eh Howzit brah....ho boy dis bugga sound and look killa's...nothing even close I wen play or own...to me da bes of da best...Yes yes plentee friends wen mention da bubbles lidat...Chuckie did one great job, it is even more than I dreamed and asked for...Hope to see you dis summa, cannot wait for you to you come back and we can hang out again...been way too long bruddah..you can play both of my moore bettahs and some..until then, malama pono and a hui ho...YF Stan :)

ksiegel
04-20-2013, 05:20 AM
Beautiful instrument, Stan and Chuck! And I'm certain that it sounds at least as good as it looks. I'd love to play an MB one of these years...

So, Stan - now that you have two MBs, let me know when you are ready to let go of your Vintage Vita Uke.... I'll start saving for it now!

-Kurt

mm stan
04-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Stan! You one lucky buggah! Not just one but two beautiful works of the Great Chuck. Great name you chose. Makes me think of Kiana Davenport, wonderful hapa-haole writer.
Aloha Bruddah Pat,
Mahalo Plentee Brah, for the congrats the kind words...they both sound awesome.....I too have always loved the name "KIANA" Happy Strummings

mm stan
04-21-2013, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=ksiegel;1248298]Beautiful instrument, Stan and Chuck! And I'm certain that it sounds at least as good as it looks. I'd love to play an MB one of these years...

So, Stan - now that you have two MBs, let me know when you are ready to let go of your Vintage Vita Uke.... I'll start saving for it now!
Aloha Bruddah Kurt,
Good Afternoon....wow I missed your post...so sorry Mahalo Plentee for your kind and generous post...you certainly are a good friend of mine and I appriciate it
As for the vintage uke, many have asked...gee you guys have a great memory..ha ha wow I am not ready to part it with yet...hope all is well with you and your family....MIL too:)

hawaii 50
04-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Hey Bruddah Stan

I found what I was looking for..

you one lucky MB buggah! Hehe

Dan Uke
04-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Hey Bruddah Stan

I found what I was looking for..

you one lucky MB buggah! Hehe

You found the winning lottery tix?? You can really retire and move to Cali!! LOL

hawaii 50
04-22-2013, 08:30 PM
You found the winning lottery tix?? You can really retire and move to Cali!! LOL

We need a lotto in Hawaii and they should make Waikiki like Lake Tahoe 3 or 4 Casinos..the State can use the tax money..
you have to win lotto to live in the San Francisco Bay area..

leave all the outer Islands alone but Casinos would be so nice in Waikiki

Tigeralum2001
04-22-2013, 09:24 PM
leave all the outer Islands alone but Casinos would be so nice in Waikiki
Ok, I haven't been there since '05 but last I was there, there were already enough hookers in Waikiki without a casino. Please tell me they've cleaned it up!

hawaii 50
04-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Ok, I haven't been there since '05 but last I was there, there were already enough hookers in Waikiki without a casino. Please tell me they've cleaned it up!

Way better than when you were here last,,Waikiki looks real nice..the working girls? in another part of town..

Don't forget Troy Fernandez plays on the Street..in front of the Int'l marketplace..but different nights..

too bad he doesn't play a Moore Bettah..bring it back to Stan's thread..haha

consitter
04-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Two directly from Chuck in so short amount of time?!?

Methinks something is amiss!

:)

Congrats to the Mystery Man!

hawaii 50
04-22-2013, 10:56 PM
Two directly from Chuck in so short amount of time?!?

Methinks something is amiss!

:)

Congrats to the Mystery Man!

Stan had one on order for a year and a half..and he got a spec MB online when it went up for bid..a couple months ago
don't worry I was watching too.. Haha

mm stan
04-23-2013, 02:48 AM
Stan had one on order for a year and a half..and he got a spec MB online when it went up for bid..a couple months ago
don't worry I was watching too.. Haha

Aloha Bruddah Len,
Mahalo Plentee..ha ha you been watching me....no worries I no cheat lidat...All is fair in love and ukulele man..... :)

kvehe
04-23-2013, 03:05 AM
Hey, Stan - Now you're starting to make me want one!

mm stan
04-23-2013, 03:12 AM
Aloha Kvehe,
Ding Ding Ding....hee hee two hundred responses....You win a pack of Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum :):shaka::smileybounce:
wonder what is the prize for the 3000 views...too bad I cannot tell who it is....hee hee

hawaii 50
04-23-2013, 06:18 AM
Hey Stan

do I win one of your Moore Bettahs if I am the # 3000 poster?
I take the Milo/Spruce one...hehe

kvehe
04-23-2013, 06:30 AM
Hey Stan

That's exactly what I told him I wanted as the 200th entry. Actually, I guess Stan wins the 200th response prize himself, since post # 201 was actually the 200th response, given that his initial post was # 1.

So he can announce that the prize for the 200th response was the milo/spruce and keep it himself.

OTOH, maybe I should get extra credit for being post # 2/response # 1.

hawaii 50
04-23-2013, 06:52 AM
That's exactly what I told him I wanted as the 200th entry. Actually, I guess Stan wins the 200th response prize himself, since post # 201 was actually the 200th response, given that his initial post was # 1.

So he can announce that the prize for the 200th response was the milo/spruce and keep it himself.

Wait a minute..if Stan lets you win his Milo/Spruce Moore Bettah..that would # 2 for you right?
I am watching you too....Haha

Dan Uke
04-23-2013, 07:06 AM
Hey, Stan - Now you're starting to make me want one!

What took you so long? Get in line cuz you might have to wait awhile!!

Dan Uke
04-23-2013, 07:08 AM
This is a great thread as it's on it's 21st page and there is nothing controversial!! Shows how much love we have for Stan and Chuck.

kvehe
04-23-2013, 07:14 AM
Wait a minute..if Stan lets you win his Milo/Spruce Moore Bettah..that would # 2 for you right?
I am watching you too....Haha

No, I am Moore Bettah-less. How sad. I have some very nice ukes, but not one of Chuck's (yet).

kvehe
04-23-2013, 07:18 AM
What took you so long? Get in line cuz you might have to wait awhile!!

It seems less like a line and more like a crowd of people milling about. What it actually reminds me of is what you see in a fish tank when you sprinkle a little bit of fish food on the water and the fish all come swimming/swarming up to the top.

Not that I wish to be controversial on page 21 of a wonderful thread and compare MB aficionados to fish. :)

hawaii 50
04-23-2013, 07:40 AM
No, I am Moore Bettah-less. How sad. I have some very nice ukes, but not one of Chuck's (yet).

OK sorry if you win Stan's MB that would be ok then..maybe for #5,000th post I can win his Koa Moore Bettah,,,Lol
Hey Stan you lucky buggah...hehe

mm stan
04-23-2013, 08:42 AM
Hey Stan

Aloha Bruddah Lenny,
So sorry the 3000th poster posted when you were sleeping....Hee hee :)

mm stan
04-23-2013, 08:44 AM

Aloha Kat,
Aha you were right....good eye girl....I guess I get the milo spruce, but second place is the Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum :)

mm stan
04-23-2013, 08:46 AM
This is a great thread as it's on it's 21st page and there is nothing controversial!! Shows how much love we have for Stan and Chuck.

Aloha Danny,
Kat always wanted one.....maybe someone will give her his/her place on the list....hee hee :)

mm stan
04-23-2013, 08:48 AM

Aloha Danny,
Awe bruddah, that is so nice.....I am sure when you visit both Chuckie and me, you can play our ukes....but no forget to bring yours....last time I missed out and at least I
got to play your custom Kamaka....:)

mm stan
04-23-2013, 08:52 AM

Aloha Kat,
I am sure Chuckie is watching...send him a email girl....you might be lucky to be on the list when it opens up......or like the rest of us, hope he has some special shop ukes for sale soon
maybe be should go visit him when you have a vacation here....I'll be waiting girl...:)

mm stan
04-23-2013, 08:55 AM
It seems less like a line and more like a crowd of people milling about. What it actually reminds me of is what you see in a fish tank when you sprinkle a little bit of fish food on the water and the fish all come swimming/swarming up to the top.

Not that I wish to be controversial on page 21 of a wonderful thread and compare MB aficionados to fish. :)
Aloha Kat...ha ha that is a good one..

At least it is not that bad like those lottery home/apt sales or the big box retailer christmas sales where they camp over night with a ling line in front his house to score a prized uke from chuckie...:)

mm stan
04-23-2013, 08:58 AM
OK sorry if you win Stan's MB that would be ok then..maybe for #5,000th post I can win his Koa Moore Bettah,,,Lol
Hey Stan you lucky buggah...hehe

Aloha Lenny,
ha ha 5000th post ???? I wonder what is the most posts for a post is and who has that honor...wow come on mods find out please... :)

hawaii 50
04-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Aloha Lenny,
ha ha 5000th post ???? I wonder what is the most posts for a post is and who has that honor...wow come on mods find out please... :)

Sounds like a deal then..#5,000 gets the Koa MB from you..
I need all the help I can get...Hehe

hawaii 50
04-26-2013, 06:36 AM
Aloha Lenny,

Hey Stan..

did you ever find out who has the most post for a post,post..lol
just checking if I won your MB yet..

Newportlocal
04-26-2013, 09:00 AM
Hey Stan..

did you ever find out who has the most post for a post,post..lol
just checking if I won your MB yet..

Hmmm you mean the Poho thread.:D

lawaia
04-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Wowzers! Congrats! What an amazing uke!

Dan Uke
04-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Aloha Danny,
Awe bruddah, that is so nice.....I am sure when you visit both Chuckie and me, you can play our ukes....but no forget to bring yours....last time I missed out and at least I
got to play your custom Kamaka....:)

Yeah, I wanna hear my MBU with your koa MBU...they'll be happy together!! Too bad they are not like dogs and we can breed them and have more MBUs! LOL

mm stan
04-27-2013, 11:41 AM
Aloha Lenny,
I hope you can get on the list with Chuckie, as I know you love my MB...... I am sure you are trying though...Good Luck man....

mm stan
04-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Aloha Richard,
When you find out the the lead Poho...let us know..... :)

Sarah Maisel
04-27-2013, 12:11 PM
That is one AMAZING UKE!!!! Now I want one! :) Awesome! The inlays are just amazing; Stan- I hope I have a chance to play it when I visit in October....

mm stan
04-27-2013, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I wanna hear my MBU with your koa MBU...they'll be happy together!! Too bad they are not like dogs and we can breed them and have more MBUs! LOL

Aloha Danny,
No forget to bring your MBU over on your next trip here bruddah...happy strummings...

mm stan
04-27-2013, 01:03 PM
That is one AMAZING UKE!!!! Now I want one! :) Awesome! The inlays are just amazing; Stan- I hope I have a chance to play it when I visit in October....

Aloha Sarah,
Mahalo Plentee Girl, just love both of my Moore Bettah Ukes...both different woods and sounds completely different and both sound awesome...chuckie knows how to bring out the great
tone and voice of each uke....not they look great too breaking the old myth the nice ukes can't sound nice.....I hope you get one, too one day....Happy Strummings...

Newportlocal
04-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Aloha Richard,
When you find out the the lead Poho...let us know..... :)

Lead PoHo would be bbycrts (Jon)

hawaii 50
04-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Aloha Lenny,
I hope you can get on the list with Chuckie, as I know you love my MB...... I am sure you are trying though...Good Luck man....

Keep your fingers and eyes crossed for me..hehe

wow Sarah wants to play your MBs..nice!

Dan Uke
04-27-2013, 05:48 PM

I cross my eyes too for you Len!! Ohhh...getting big headache!:p

hawaii 50
04-27-2013, 05:50 PM
I cross my eyes too for you Len!! Ohhh...getting big headache!:p

Thanks Daniel..I need all the crossed eyes I can get...hehe

mm stan
04-29-2013, 11:43 AM

Wow Len I need a Moore Bettah Coffee Cup man.... :)

hawaii 50
04-29-2013, 12:03 PM
Wow Len I need a Moore Bettah Coffee Cup man.... :)

Hey Stan I need a Moore Bettah coffee cup and T-shirt..Hehe

Dan Uke
04-29-2013, 12:15 PM
Hey Stan I need a Moore Bettah coffee cup and T-shirt..Hehe

I want one of those old school koa business cards!!

mm stan
04-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Hey Hey Danny...I like the busness cards too, I would cherish it like my shrine....but the coffee mug I'd use every morning for my Kona Coffee..... :)

hawaii 50
04-29-2013, 12:29 PM
Hey Stan

If I could get a t-shirt I would wear it out..but that only for MB owners right?hehe
I would take anything if it said Moore Bettah on it...hehe