Someday my uke will come ......

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
.....until then I will keep you all updated here. Today I sent off a money order to Jerry at Boat Paddle Ukes to get myself my first tenor uke. I am buying a kayak model with mahogany back and sides and a spruce top! there are a couple in front of me but at least I am in line :) He was great. I had a bunch of questions about wood and construction and he kindly answered them all. I also asked if he would look around for a piece of wood that might not be the best looking, ie.. have a little character, that he thought others may not want but still do the job. I like for my ukes to be identifiable when beside similar ukes. It will also be a matte finish. I really like that. I bought a mandolin 13 years ago like that and I think it just gets better looking with age. Can't wait to post pics! Rem

Congratulations in advance! My first "good" uke was a Boat Paddle 12-fret tenor; I know you'll love the kayak, and look forward to pix!

Love the Kayaks! And also love this video here...

.....until then I will keep you all updated here. Today I sent off a money order to Jerry at Boat Paddle Ukes to get myself my first tenor uke. I am buying a kayak model with mahogany back and sides and a spruce top! there are a couple in front of me but at least I am in line :) He was great. I had a bunch of questions about wood and construction and he kindly answered them all. I also asked if he would look around for a piece of wood that might not be the best looking, ie.. have a little character, that he thought others may not want but still do the job. I like for my ukes to be identifiable when beside similar ukes. It will also be a matte finish. I really like that. I bought a mandolin 13 years ago like that and I think it just gets better looking with age. Can't wait to post pics! Rem

Good choice. I am a big fan of Jerry's Boat Paddle Ukes. Excellent sounding uke, regardless of the price.

Congrats on the new boat paddle....I had an oppertunity to get one a few weeks ago....but I am broke....I spent all my uke money...keep us updated....

Congrats on the new boat paddle....I had an oppertunity to get one a few weeks ago....but I am broke....I spent all my uke money...keep us updated....

huh?! no credit cards?!?!?! :D

Loved that vid - got me all fired up for UWC (like I wasn't, already).

To the OP, congrats on the order!

John

I got to play a few on my recent trip to St Louis. played a few boat paddles at the Folk Shop. and a beauty [trad.] at the fight club jam. very nice ukes.

Got a few pics from Jerry about wood. I told him the final decision was his but I was looking for something with a few "flaws" (as long as it would not effect sound or build) Here is a couple pics of some wood he sent. The first is mahogany and the one with knots is padauk (?)
mahog3.jpgpadauk.jpg
Can't wait!
I got to play a few on my recent trip to St Louis. played a few boat paddles at the Folk Shop. and a beauty [trad.] at the fight club jam. very nice ukes.

Got an email from Jerry! Decisions have been made! Going with mahogany back and sides and spruce top! He said he will be starting on it by the end of the week! Yahoo! Will post pics as I get them! Let the countdown begin..... in a few days :)

Top Bottom