PDA

View Full Version : KoAloha Red Label Mango Tenor w/ LR Bagg's 5.0

soupking
04-16-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm selling this Red Label. Asking $1,300 via paypal. I have too many ukes. It's an all mango body and plays great, equipped with ebony 'board and bridge, and factory installed L.R. Bagg's 5.0 pick-up that is unused. This uke, I'm told, was built by Alan Okami of KoAloha. It was purchased brand new in October 2012 from a very reputable Hawaiian merchant -- for a much fatter price than what it's being offered for. Stamp date on neck block is "May 2012," and I'm not sure what the discrepancy was between stamp date and purchase. What I do know is there is another one: sold on Ebay in October '12 for $1,650; no pick-up. I do have a link of that sale, which was originally listed at $2,000, but ultimately sold for $1,650, like I said. I have the link, but the price isn't listed, so I guess you're just gonna have to trust me. Haha. In any event, it's a rare KoAloha uke, and if I can't get the asking price, which is $600 cheaper than what I paid, then I'll list my KoAloha production tenor from 2010 instead.

Here's a link to pics: http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/soupking/library/KoAloha%20Red%20Label%20Mango
Here's a sound sample that I did through my iPhone 5 and uploaded directly through youtube, no effects, no nothing (Try not to be jealous of my skills- just keep practicing ;)):

http://youtu.be/CFkNx5p3ctM

This is a U.S. sale only, unfortunately. Not a fan of shipping overseas; I hope this doesn't offend anyone- it's just too risky in my experience. Comes with free shipping CONUS, insurance, and O'ahu case. Probably best to email me at soupking215 (at) aol.com since I'm too lazy to figure out the VIP thing...

coolkayaker1
04-16-2013, 05:16 PM
This'll fly, brother soup.

soupking
04-16-2013, 05:23 PM
This'll fly, brother soup.

Lets hope so, Brotha Cool. It's time to downsize and spread the aloha...

dav_9
04-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Absolutely gorgeous ukulele :drool:

bigpoi789
04-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Nice uke!I hope it finds a new home soon!

mm stan
04-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Oh bruddah Matt....I am drooling on my keyboard....low on funds now or I would jump on this one....great price, I am sure if Alan made this uke it is a winner.....should go real fast..:drool:

lichaochung
04-16-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm the one who bought the red-label mango tenor on ebay. This uke has great sound. So sweeeeet !!!

Tigeralum2001
04-16-2013, 08:05 PM
Nice uke, good price; this shouldn't last long.

soupking
04-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Page two, whim bam boom. I've had only a single inquiry for a KoAloha Red Label with factory installed pick-up- which happens to be in mint condition. Maybe Coolkayaker1 is right... perhaps the ukebellion is, in fact, waning...

wickedwahine11
04-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Page two, whim bam boom. I've had only a single inquiry for a KoAloha Red Label with factory installed pick-up- which happens to be in mint condition. Maybe Coolkayaker1 is right... perhaps the ukebellion is, in fact, waning...

I think you will definitely get a buyer. If it was koa, I would have jumped all over it as I would love a curly koa KoAloha. You have a gorgeous uke at a great price, hang in there. :)

Doc_J
04-18-2013, 06:25 PM

Matt, you know folks want it. Heck, I want it.

Been contemplating selling my 2012 KoAloha Koa tenor and buying this one.

drewp
04-20-2013, 03:13 AM
That is a beautiful KoAloha! What's meant by a "Red Label"? Is that KoAloha's custom label? I didn't see any mention of it on their website. I have a stock KoAloha Koa tenor that I purchased off of this marketplace a couple of years ago and I love it to this day! Shoots, it's like my child now. if I didn't have this uke, I would make a play on yours. You're right over the river from me (I'm in Jersey). I met Alan Okami (w/ Daniel Ho) when they made a swing through Philly and S. Jersey last year. Really nice folks! How does the Mango construction compare w/ the tenor? Soundwise much different? Best of luck w/ the sale.

soupking
04-20-2013, 05:36 AM
The Red Labels are supposedly built entirely by one shop luthier at KoAloha, in this case Alan Okami I'd been told. Construction wise I'd characterize it as being much sleeker and cleaner than their production models I've owned. Same bracing on this one too with the unibrace, although some RLs have different bracing from what I understand. Sound wise I think the mango is less boomy and more articulate than the koa models, not better or worse, but there is a difference. This particular uke pretty much plays itself, too, probably the best playability I've experienced.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I actually didn't mean to come across so overly dramatic in my previous post about the uke wave crashing- haha- it was more tongue in cheek. Anyway, this uke is sold. Off to LACA, which incidentally may be my last sale to California considering how bad they whacked me on shipping this morning. Ugh. Haha. I'll leave it open for a few days in case anyone wants to further discuss the Red Labels or whatever. Thanks again, all.