I can finally afford a decent uke!

SamWise

Reaction score
Y'all know that I got into this through writing an article for Acoustic, reviewing 14 ukes. I got totally hooked, but I had almost NO money, so for the intervening months, I've been playing a £13 Mahalo, where the intonation is not exactly bang on, even after some bridge filing and nut cutting. Anyhow, my Dad gave me and the missus a nice little cash Christmas present, and my half is enough to buy a Moana all-maple soprano, which was the one I fell in love with when reviewing. Of course, it's a little close to Christmas, so I'm sure I won't actually get it for a week or two, but hey, I'm excited!

...Anyhow, my Dad gave me and the missus a nice little cash Christmas present, and my half is enough to buy a Moana all-maple soprano, which was the one I fell in love with when reviewing. Of course, it's a little close to Christmas, so I'm sure I won't actually get it for a week or two, but hey, I'm excited!

Congrats! Enjoy the anticipation, which is fun too!

Just ordered it! Leant on my journalistic standing a bit, and got a discount. Not much, but they gave me a tenner off, and threw in a gig bag.

Just ordered it! Leant on my journalistic standing a bit, and got a discount. Not much, but they gave me a tenner off, and threw in a gig bag.

Samwise, enjoy the new ukulele.

Pippin

Wow Irony... Pippin wishing samwise gamgee enjoyment with a new ukulele.

Wow Irony... Pippin wishing samwise gamgee enjoyment with a new ukulele.
aarghhh! Hobbits with ukuleles,....too many possible jokes.....

As you can imagine, with Sam Wise being my real name, I have NEVER heard any of these jokes before......:D

Top Bottom