how much is my ukulele worth??

dood

Reaction score
Hello you guys im new and this site caught my eyes while on youtube and i was just wondering how much is my ukulele really worth and why is it popular?

This ukulele was passed down by my dad lol he bought it cuz of all the parties he had with his friends...its a kamaka ukulele..eh i think he bought it in 1960's??? im not sure but most likely 1970 something lol

here it is...and sorry pics are kind of blurry

122308215040.jpg

122308215057.jpg

122308215133.jpg

About $25. Maybe $30 if the case is nice.

I'll give you $50 for it though.

but seriously probably $300-$400. Mine looks identical to that one and that's what mine was appraised at.

holy cow that is pretty expensive. Why is it so expensive though? Whats special about it? My dad said its the best brand if you are going to get a ukulele. is it true??? ahhh so many questions its like playing 1 million questions in a day..lol

Is there a best brand? Kamaka is definitely up there though.

i do play it lol i can only play fade away from pau hana lol

i cn tell d diff. from how it sounds wen i strum

Lucky you. I wish the attic at my house had a little gem like that lying around.
Instead, I found back a Lark ukulele built in Shanghai, which my dad got me some time in elementary school. We got a discount because the sound board was coming off, but nothing a few nails couldn't fix. Still has the original strings, action is way up there, and the friction pegs have mellowed out and decided to go the road of the least friction.

But an old Kamaka, that must be fun to have and play. Give us a bit of sound/video please!

nice lookin uke. were you looking to sell it, is that what you wanted an appraisal? if you are and ya live in so cal i would love to see it. i have been trying to saving my allowance for a nice soprano uke =)

Last edited:
nice lookin uke. were you looking to sell it, is that what you wanted an appraisal? if you are and ya live in so cal i would love to see it. i have been trying to saving my allowance for a nice soprano uke =)

Thanks but not for sale lol I love this ukulele. Its like my brother lmao but i live on a small island called SAIPAN!!! hehe and all we do here on the island is party at the beach and jam songs with the ukulele lol and if i were to clean my ukulele how do i keep the shine and cover the small scratchs? The scratchs are not visible but im anal about it lol

Dood...Duuuuude!!!! A Kamaka from the 60's is quite a treasure in itself. But to have one handed down to you from family, omg, that's priceless. I wouldn't take it to the beach... lord, it wouldn't see the light of day for longer that one round of 'Hey Jude'. But in all seriousness, that is one valuable uke, on many different levels. I'd think it would behoove you to practice tender lovin' care with that baby.

Top Bottom