new sk-28 ohana vintage style uke

no, but a guy in our club is a distributor, I'll ask him tomorrow.

Look at uke republic and you will see a prototype of it and Hooray, the ohana logo is going to be on the back of the head stock.

Looks a bit like that anuenue 1879 with no raised fingerboard. I like the look of it. I found the anuenue a pleasure to play.

Beauty!

045__768x1024_.jpg

Me wanty. Mim, would you take an SK-38 back in trade? :)

I would like to hear the SK-38 and SK-28 side by side, or at least a review on You Tube from Ken Middleton! What do you suppose the difference is? I'm very curious!

I would like to hear the SK-38 and SK-28 side by side, or at least a review on You Tube from Ken Middleton! What do you suppose the difference is? I'm very curious!

The biggest difference that I can see (apart from decoration) is that the SK28 doesn't have a raised fingerboard - it is on the same level as the rest of the body. When I've played ukes with this before it felt a bit weird at first, but then really really comfortable.

I'm really excited about this one myself! About 3 years ago I was talking with Louis at Ohana about making one of these and then last year he did. I played the prototype in 2012 and really enjoyed it.The model for market should have rope continuing up the fingerboard and on to the headstock with Ohana's logo on the back. Many sopranos have influence from Martin's 0 style body but this one is different. Flush fingerboard, narrow waist it's styled like the first ukuleles. I feel Ohana did a great job in their interpretation of the early Portuguese builders.They also made it affordable. BRAVO!!! Solid mahogany body.
Ohana says early May they will arrive! Get ready!!!:D

Obrigado! Mahalo! Thanks!

I think I'm going to have to have one of these. I've been jonesing for an early-style uke but everything out there so far has been beyond my price range.

I think this one will be another winner like the SK-38! Looking forward to a review on You Tube (hint, hint)

My SK 28 arrived today and I am loving it so far. Thank you, Mim!!!!

I bumped the CK-28 review to the front page in the links and videos section. The SK-28 and CK-28 are made identically other than the 12 fret versus 14 fret neck and slightly larger body.

Top Bottom