History and Evolution of the Seasons: a new sticky for the uninitiated???

H

Hippie Dribble

I wonder if anyone would volunteer to do an initial post for a thread entitled "History and Evolution of the Seasons" (or something similar) to be used as some more background info for new members and potential new seasonistas?

* one could talk about the genesis of, and inspiration behind the idea (you'd need to talk to Christian) and discuss in brief the first leg of the contest over those first 6 weeks.
* We could then go on to talk about how we loved it so much it was too heartbreaking to end it there...hence the continuation etc etc....
* And round it out by discussing the real nature of the contest as it has evolved: from competition to comraderie.

This would be done with a view to adding it to the "sticky" section, and would complement the 'invitation' sticky nicely.

Thoughts? Volunteers? Do we even need something like this?

:anyone:

Great idea I reckon.

Do we not have several Seasonistas who have never missed a season apart from those they hosted?

They would be able to give the low down on what it is all about.

Plus the instigator of course.

Hope it happens!

Senior Bandito, isn't that what you just did?

Thanks for starting a potentially great thread!

Do you want something different from the invitation sticky we just made?

Ginny, yes. This thread would stand apart from the invitation thread and would be a complement to it. The focus of the thread I'm envisaging has a focus on the origins of the concept, the genesis and inspiration behind the idea. So, yeah, now I think more upon it, it maybe something that Christian himself would need to do. I'm guessing he never imagined it turning into what it has. :)

The other possibility is to maybe just make the original contest thread a sticky? Thoughts?

Maybe it should start with apes around a monolith, like in 2001: A Space Odyssey, but in Hawaii.
One bangs a stick against another stick, which spins into the air and turns into....a ukulele!!!

Then Christian catches it...

I think you got it...dang, we're creating a whole new theology :p

awesome Matt, yeah take your time..I was just putting the idea out there to see if anyone thought it worthwhile. No rush at all brother...might be worth picking Christian's brain for some extra insight too. Just seems to me that it's the only thread missing in our stickies right now on this board...the actual beginnings of the whole thing and what motivated the concept. Cheers mate

Yeah, I think a bit of editing from these aforementioned posts, and some collating of various links would do it. I certainly don't have a burning desire to be the chronicler of the Seasons, but am happy with a touch of time to put together, using the groundwork others have laid, what I believe to be a comprehensive post of the kind Jon is seeking. The issue, I think, is having all of the information in one place, as the Seasons become more institutionalized.

That's right, looks like I created a monster...
At the time, I saw a lot of fragmented activity in the contest section and felt like it was all taking a bit too much of a commercial promo route.
Additionally, the focus on high-effort video production and multitracking was somewhat disconcerting to me since I felt like the ukulele is a universal tool that allows most everyone to perform pure and simplistic music straight from the heart.
This is why I chose the short weekly timeframe per challenge and tried to instill the barebones rules. As I know that you guys are a competitive lot, I recruited Mim and Alice as essential parts of the jury and developed the rating system and the basic prices. From there on out it all went viral and Uncle Elvis essentially had the idea to turn this into a virtual open mic session...

Ginny, yes. This thread would stand apart from the invitation thread and would be a complement to it. The focus of the thread I'm envisaging has a focus on the origins of the concept, the genesis and inspiration behind the idea. So, yeah, now I think more upon it, it maybe something that Christian himself would need to do. I'm guessing he never imagined it turning into what it has. :)

Top Bottom