Plum wood?

ChrisRCovington

Reaction score
Has anyone used plum wood to build an ukulele or other instrument? I saw one on the Bruko website (since sold) and I thought it looked really good. Here are a few photos I snagged before it sold:
152_0.jpg152_1.jpg
I thought it looked pretty nice I wonder how it sounds?
Any thoughts?

Hi, brother Chris.

I'm no little Jack Horner, but I do enjoy a good plum.

--Steve

I have a plumwood recorder. As a general rule, the fruitwoods tend to give a mellower sound to recorders than hardwoods but that is a gross generalization. I'd expect a plum uke to be on the sweeter side as well, but totally guessing.

I think I know how that particular instrument sounds - exactly like a Brüko. I have great respect for Brüko but their level of consistency is unbelievable. I've played Brükos of many different woods (I own one myself too) and the one that stood out (a bit) had a cedar soundboard. The plum wood looks great so I'd recommend it to anyone who likes the Brüko sound.

The quality of workmanship will be excellent and they're not expensive.

Noy used Plum, but it probably has similar properties to Cherry, a nice tonewood, as it is a similar species and the same genus,Prunus :)

That's just plum crazy!! (can't believe no one said that yet)

I tried buying plum once....but they delivered plumber instead. It developed and unfortunate crack :rolleyes:

Top Bottom