PDA

View Full Version : FS: Collings UC1 with Haircut Headstock

mkatz
04-19-2013, 05:38 AM
SOLD

For sale is a Collings UC1 with the haircut style headstock in "as new" condition. I bought this new in February and it has less than an hour of play time. I know it's a shame but with so many other ukes, I just haven't spent enough time with it. And then I went a bought a Collings Koa yesterday so one of them has go.

It is 100% mint and comes with the Collings hard shell case. As most of you know, Collings has suspended production of ukuleles and these are getting hard to come by. The photos are from the original selling dealer and are much better than I would do.

$1060 Firm includes paypal and shipping to lower 48.

Please contact me directly at mkatz@pfsllc.com

Mitch

SpaasStrummer
04-19-2013, 08:43 AM
who knows market may be approaching saturation, look at how many ukes everyone seems to have and how many great choices at all price points there are in the marketplace right now!

a little unrelated, but gives a little bump

mm stan
04-19-2013, 12:10 PM
who knows market may be approaching saturation, look at how many ukes everyone seems to have and how many great choices at all price points there are in the marketplace right now!

a little unrelated, but gives a little bump

Wow virtually a almost new uke and a haircut model, wonder why Spaaasstrummer would take a snipe at you, if he was offering a uke for sale here, I am sure he would not appriciate we doing the same....just saying
I am in awe when our forum ettiquette is always being tested :)

coolkayaker1
04-19-2013, 12:52 PM
So, Stan and others: is Collings really, at least temporarily, ceasing production? Every time I hear that, I see more new Collings in stores?

That is a great looking ukulele, mkatz. Wow. I bet it sounds sweet.

specialk13
04-19-2013, 01:08 PM
coolkayaker1, I think the ukes you are talking about are all backorders showing up in stores, no new ukes have been ordered and delivered.

This may very well be a fair price for a UC1 once they all start to disappear.....good luck on the sale!

fabioponta
04-19-2013, 03:05 PM
mkatz, could you really post some personal photos of the uke, with your name in a paper? I'm interested!

mkatz
04-19-2013, 03:43 PM
mkatz, could you really post some personal photos of the uke, with your name in a paper? I'm interested!

Having trouble posting the photos but here is one with ID. I will keep trying but if you send an email to mkatz@pfsllc.com, I will send you the rest of the photos that I just took.

Mitch

mkatz
04-19-2013, 04:06 PM

Eyeguy
04-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Pretty uke. Collings makes a fine guitar - no doubt in my mind the ukes are of equal quality. Best of luck on the sale.

Markr1
04-19-2013, 10:16 PM
Yes their ukes are of equal quality. If I played concerts this would probably be mine. They don't come in any better shape then this one is used. It appears mint to me.
Pretty uke. Collings makes a fine guitar - no doubt in my mind the ukes are of equal quality. Best of luck on the sale.

mm stan
04-20-2013, 12:33 AM
So, Stan and others: is Collings really, at least temporarily, ceasing production? Every time I hear that, I see more new Collings in stores?

That is a great looking ukulele, mkatz. Wow. I bet it sounds sweet.
Aloha Steve,
Not sure about the Colllings temporarily ceasing Production....have no reason for them to do so.....hope all is well man :)
maybe he is rethinking how to build the box better.....hmmmmmm

mkatz
04-20-2013, 02:11 AM
Aloha Steve,
Not sure about the Colllings temporarily ceasing Production....have no reason for them to do so.....hope all is well man :)
maybe he is rethinking how to build the box better.....hmmmmmm

I was told by one of Collings larger dealers that they would fill existing orders and be suspending future orders. Most of their focus now is on electric guitars and they were losing money on the ukuleles. He said they began making ukes as a way to keep the staff busy during the economic downturn.

As NewKid said, it is fundamental economics and my guess is they will resume building ukuleles again down the road at a higher price point.

mkatz
04-21-2013, 06:36 AM
On it's way to a new home!