Decorating your uke

miyubear

Reaction score
I was thinking about having an orchid painted onto my ukulele. However, I heard that that lowers the sound quality?
I was wondering if it's true, and if it is, is there any other way to add a decoration onto my uke without affecting the sound?

Thanks, Eugene!

I just ordered all the honu stickers Jackomo had listed. First because they look pretty cool, second because a string popped right at the bridge of my new Pono and put a gouge in the finish (never had that happen before, oh well). Better than one of the bullet hole stickers anyway.

Jocko inlay stickers - GREAT PRODUCT

These stickers are a great way to personalize your instrument. They are virtually undetectable and Jocko has great customer service. They added a giveaway item that I had inquired about and shipped my items the next day.

These decals really freshens up the look of my uke. They are not expensive and removable if you have second thoughts. Take a look at their customer gallery, pretty inspiring. I say give it a try, my old uke looks more fun, more "mine"'; I am very happy with this product.

thanks guys! I just ordered a sticker to bling up my beloved but plain jane looking uke....

I've also got to say that I don't think paint has any effect on the sound of the instrument, provided whoever is applying the paint doesn't put it on in great gobs.

I had some stickers on mine:) Just want to share with you
DSC_6095_pp.jpg

At one point, I had tried putting some guitar-sized fretboard stickers on my uke.

They came off shortly after.
6a5c0412728b11e29a6422000a9e06c4_7.jpg

Will say that those inlay stickers are high quality though. And they do look great on a guitar--as I have put another set on one of my guitars. I'm sure the ukulele-sized ones look good on ukulele too.

Here's my inlay "stickers" :)

attachment.php

We've used this before. Don't have many pictures. I'll have to remedy that. Anyway here is one that my daughter made for daddy for his Eleuke. How it looks all depends on one's artistic talent and steady hand. Talk about personalized :) I have also used a wood burner on a uke and it works great.
Also here is a link to ehow on window clings. I just buy the stuff at amazon that is actually window cling paint. I have not used fabric paint. Oh, yeah, peels right off to, no residue.
[video]http://www.ehow.com/how_4780855_make-clings-out-fabric-paint.html[/video]
IMG_2692.jpgIMG_2695.jpgIMG_2698.jpg

I used the Jockomo "inlays" to dress up my plain jane Lanakai LU21t. Turned out I only used the Rosette. The matching headstock sticker and fret board markers seemed over the top. Only the plain sound-hole seemed like it was empty.
936367_10201219554795440_2103253234_n.jpg
I wish they offered the abalone rosette with white piping instead of black. It would have looked better with the white edging.

Top Bottom