Maui Music Fans

hawaii 50

Reaction score
I see that the new Maui Music's are coming out..
Gryphon has some on their site and I know The Ukulele Site(aka HMS) has some coming too..unless they already sold them

so new at Gryphon no pictures yet..i am surprised at the prices..way lower than I thought they would be

They look fantastic. Huge fan of Maui Music ukes, and they're pretty underrated around these parts! Peter Lieberman is doing some of his best work now, regardless of the "pre-fire" hype.

I have a pre-fire tenor..only difference seems the top on mine was thinner than the ones now..but could be my imagination..
see if we can get Peter to answer..

I have played about 15 new Maui Music's at Gryphon and Pua Pua..they are really nice and Peter doing way different things now..all for the best

HMS getting them too. Hmmmmmmm...................

Yeah, I would love to hear from Peter directly...The only ones that say that pre-fire are better are the ones that own one!! If I own one, I would believe it too

Last edited:
HMS getting them too. Hmmmmmmm...................

Hey Bo..
the Maui Music supposed to be there now..a deluxe one..Peter said only one but I thought there was going to be more..maybe already sold..haha

Hey Bo..
the Maui Music supposed to be there now..a deluxe one..Peter said only one but I thought there was going to be more..maybe already sold..haha

We got three beauties. I did a blog yesterday, day before? Vids, pics. Check um out- http://theukulelereview.com/2013/04/19/maui-music-ukulele/

Here's one vid for you, she sings, can scream too

Maui-Music-11.jpg

he told me it's all hype and that if anything the current ones are better than ever--esp bc he's making them by himself now
Yeah, I would love to hear from Peter directly...The only ones that say that pre-fire are better are the ones that own one!! If I own one, I would believe it too

Gryphon has pictures up on their site now, but I don't see any sound samples for the newer ones. The uke in the HMS video above sounds awesome!

Bumping this up for Aaron's sound sample of my new MM. Again, I think that it sounds a little livelier now with the Worths on it, but it is hard to tell from a recorded sound sample.

Hey Bo..

I want one like Dana's with the sidecomb headstock...........

I want one like Dana's with the sidecomb headstock...........

Hey Bo my 1998 Maui Music tenor has a round sound hole and the retro headstock like Dana's and friction tuners.
.does yours have an oval soundhole? and geared tuners..

Hey Bo my 1998 Maui Music tenor has a round sound hole and the retro headstock like Dana's and friction tuners.
.does yours have an oval soundhole? and geared tuners..

Nope. Round soundhole with da junk kine Schallers. Sounds nice though..........

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Nope. Round soundhole with da junk kine Schallers. Sounds nice though..........

Yeah Bo..mine just like yours..you have the same kind headstock as Dana?
I have grover sta lite peg tuners on my..they do the trick..

My Maui Music does sound good too..

Yeah Bo..mine just like yours..you have the same kind headstock as Dana?
I have grover sta lite peg tuners on my..they do the trick..

My Maui Music does sound good too..

Yep, same headstock.....classic Maui look. Wanna change my tuners to Gotohs planetaries.....need 3 sets=$$$$, lol........
Oh, stay making one concert to honor Maui, my second home. Stay pau soon..............

Last edited:
Yep, same headstock.....classic Maui look. Wanna change my tuners to Gotohs planetaries.....need 3 sets=$$$$, lol........
Oh, stay making one concert to honor Maui, my second home. Stay pau soon..............

Aloha Bo..

Stan never told me you build ukes too..
I am in the Hanalima build class right now..just for fun..
just bent the sides and cut slots in the fretboard Saturday..nice to see how ukes are built..top and back all braced but still got a long way to go we shape our neck too..good fun but not too easy...haha

Aloha Bo..

Stan never told me you build ukes too..
I am in the Hanalima build class right now..just for fun..
just bent the sides and cut slots in the fretboard Saturday..nice to see how ukes are built..top and back all braced but still got a long way to go we shape our neck too..good fun but not too easy...haha

Haha,
I don't build, wouldn't mind trying though. Having one built for me with my specs, designs and details.............soon done..........
Will bring it to Honolulu in July................

Okay, if you insist. :D Kahones optional. :D As always, Andrew and the HMS crew are super-stars!

Kathryn! Kathryn!! (Looks at pictures on HMS. looks at video of Corey playing it. rubs eyes in disbelief.).
Wait...how'd you do that?

Last edited:
Top Bottom