Is this a fair go?

neurorolex

Reaction score
My new soprano arrived looked great[ I thought],sounded great.I then noticed it had two fret small imperfections,cosmetic but once spied never forgotten.Notified manufacturer with images.said sorry and enquired "What would you like to do".Suggested possibly a % credit as this was obviously a second.told to return the uke where they would deduct a % for any wear and tare and they would make a refund.
Now living on the other side of the world,cost involved would almost exceed the uke value.My inconvenience,no uke ,from a company I read about constantly on UU with a good reputation for product ,who markets seconds,the purchasers of which have a hard time finding a defect.Am I being unreasonable?

I guess that depends on the imperfections. Could they easily be fixed cheaply by a local luthier? Are you comfortable posting pictures so we can have a better idea of the scale of these issues?

What was their return policy? Secondly, if it was less than a few hundred, are you being realistic with your expectations? Should buy from HMS or other online retailer that has better return policy.

Should be able to tell from image prob mnfr hence cost.the principle however is it was not sold as a second.Have decided to keep,will however not revisit mnfr.not good PR in my opinion.

Top Bottom