Just Wrapped Up Seven Years of...

You deserve something other than this, but what the heck:
Thank you for your hard work and service to our community! I appreciate all that you did. Seriously, I met you at a jam you put together at a park in SC a few years back (I was the one with the kids). I'm thankful for your passion. If we cross paths again, I'll be sure to buy you a cold one!

You deserve something other than this, but what the heck:
Thank you for your hard work and service to our community! I appreciate all that you did. Seriously, I met you at a jam you put together at a park in SC a few years back (I was the one with the kids). I'm thankful for your passion. If we cross paths again, I'll be sure to buy you a cold one!
I remember you also and your family, including your baby (pineapple sunday). I'm still putting on the the festivals (no 6 this fall). We are putting on a big Uke party this coming weekend down at Edisto Beach State park.

Actually all of the other stuff is what prompted me to step aside from the club. We played 50 shows last year, hosted the Blackwater Festival and put on the Swamp Celebrity competition. I also work full time.

Recognize the guy in this pic from the Cukeout 2010? Do I see a UU shirt?

27090_10150175793260235_216238465234_12081740_7942594_n.jpg

You can get to all the past festival pics and videos from Blackwater Festival Home page: festival.charlestonhotshots.com

I am thinking about getting "Lizard Man" to play a few songs at the next Blackwater festival. I heard he has gotten into the uke.

I don't think anyone realizes how much work it is to keep a volunteer organization of any sort on the rails until they've had a go at trying to head something like a club or a festival or even a band. The best description I've heard for that unsung hero's roll is - "herder of cats" ;)

John

Congrats -- seven years is no joke.

If you ever make it up to MA the frosties are on me.

Thank you all for the kind words.

Good luck in all your future endeavors. A lot of work goes into most things people take for granted and often money is involved. But, we do what we do for the love of doing it more than anything else.

I started,and ran our local Club for 19 months
before I had to step down and hand over to
others.It was great fun,very time consuming,
and the freedom after quitting was immense!

Top Bottom