Anyone brand their ukes? Got a new custom brand.

Koa Soprano

Reaction score
I was inspired by the old Martins having the brands in the soundhole where a label typically goes, so I searched around and found Custom Branding Irons LLC had reasonable prices and turnaround time.

Here it is on some scrap Pine and some Mahogany off cuts of my latest uke. I need more practice but I think it will add a cool touch. It's 2-3/16" at the widest, through a 2" soundhole it will look great.

zmfgqx.jpg

I use my legal (livestock) brand quarter circle th. It gets laser etched in the backs

Nice touch, love it.......

I went looking for one several years ago and "discovered" that Branding Irons Unlimited is right down the street from my shop. Odd thing that. My iron has a brass head attached to a soldering iron. Heats up fast, cools down slow, looks great with practice.

I keep thinking of getting one..I even designed a logo and searched up a Guy to make me one..but what I've heard about them is that when you first get one you go "berserk" and brand everything in the shop that dosn't move :D

I got mine to mark the many other projects that go out the door. I used to scribble/sign the work (in a discreet location) until a collector suggested I get a branding iron. I've not made many ukuleles, but it would fit nicely in the sound hole.

And yes I have multiple "test markings" to be found all around the shop. It almost got to be a problem...

How about "Martini&Co" ? :)

I dont even make ukes but now I want a brand. Sooooooo thanks for that. ;)

I had a brand made at Shapeways.com that fits on a BIC lighter.
Here is a pic from their website (just search on branding iron). And a pic of mine on leather. About $25.
branding iron.jpg100_0820.jpg

nice-
I was inspired by the old Martins having the brands in the soundhole where a label typically goes, so I searched around and found Custom Branding Irons LLC had reasonable prices and turnaround time

zmfgqx.jpg

Lovely- I love the look of a branded name as it harkens back to another time full of hand crafted things

Top Bottom