Just chatted with the UKulele Orch. Of Great Britain!

thesillydave

Reaction score
They are staying in the same hotel as we are! Had a quick little chat with them before they went to the venue to do a sound check...it was quite fun meeting my first ukulele stars! Wish y'all could all be here!

well done, i missed them ealier in the year due to illness, but got another chance to see them in august at a folk festival,

They are staying in the same hotel as we are! Had a quick little chat with them before they went to the venue to do a sound check...it was quite fun meeting my first ukulele stars! Wish y'all could all be here!

Cool! Are you going to the performance?

YOu lucky, luck dog! Don't forget to take a uke to the performance in case they do the play along!

John

Rule Uketania!

Man, that's cool.

We'll have to watch for the air of celebrity about you.

Have a great time with UOGB -- we missed them when they came to Boston last spring; our daughter was just born. (And I can't wait until she's a teenager so I can remind her of that fact ALL THE TIME!)

Man, that's cool.

We'll have to watch for the air of celebrity about you.

Have a great time with UOGB -- we missed them when they came to Boston last spring; our daughter was just born. (And I can't wait until she's a teenager so I can remind her of that fact ALL THE TIME!)

Heh, heh. Trust me, she won't get it. :)

John

The UOGB were just here in Santa Barbara and gave a free workshop the night before their performance. Pretty fun!

No video, but will upload pics later...just getting to bed after having lots of drinks with them! It was a great weekend!

Damn, that's even cooler than your first meeting!

I got to hang out with musicians after a show once. Walter Wolfman Washington and his band played Jazz Fest in Orvieto, Italy, and we were the only other Americans around. We all went back to their hotel after the show. Sometime toward dawn Junkyard Dog taught me how to bake a potato on the back of a television.

It was awesome.

Wow cool! I went to thier concert here last year, but was suffereing from the flu...I took my uke, but the didn't do a playalong. My group left right after the encore song, and had not thought of meetng them. I would have loved to have had my uke signed...too bad I was so sick...

Top Bottom