Season 62

strumsilly

Reaction score
I'll be home later tonight and I'll try to post before I go to sleep.
stay tuned
sorry, went to a pick'in party and well..., nevermind.

Dive into season 62 of the Ukulele. The theme is "water" [that's right H2O] Since it's EARTH WEEK [Earth Day is 4-22], I thought it would be swimming to highlight one of our most precious and "taken for granted" resources ,besides you,, the one that makes Earth so rare in our solar system [ and the universe as far as I know]. It's cheap and literally rains from heaven [in most places] , but try to do without it for a few days .
Here's a link to some interesting facts about water.
http://www.gcwsa.com/Facts About Water.htm

On to the Seasons rules. we have to have a few RULES, we don't want this to devolve into ANARCHY do we? HMMM. ok , THERE ARE NO RULES

EXCEPT:
1. hAVE FUN
2. DON'T TAKE THIS too SERIOUSLY , [see rule 1]
3. iF YOU HAVE TO ASK IF IT'S OK TO : play a song about...,MULTITRACK, include OTHER INSTRUMENTS, overdub, , pay talented people to play with you, etc. ,it's not. Otherwise, [see rule 1.]
4. a UKULELE should be seen and heard ,and please mention the week
5. No posting till Sunday.
6. 1 " official" entry per person,
7. Bonus entries - don't go overboard and make them fresh for week 62
And now,the REAL reason many participate on the seasons [besides the fame and glory],
THE PRIZES.
1. A brand new genuine Pineapple. [ pineapples are mostly water,
see pineapple facTS http://www.kingoffruit.com.au/fun-pineapple-facts.html ,
this one is a Lanikai LU21P, well dried.. [It is marked with a Z,?? [2nd], it was listed as having high action [think
high nut].
The action has been lowered and would make a great beach, river, lake , stream, or bathtub uke.
" These prizes will be awarded by a drawing of the "official "entries names.
2. For those who really want to dive into this, players who are actually on or in the water [in the video]have a chance to win an Oasis humidifier.[notice both prizes are water related]
If you live across the ponds you may pay the extra postage or designate the prizes to someone in the states. It is possible[though unlikely] to win both prizes, howerver greedy that may seem.

PLAYLIST

BONUS LIST

Last edited:
We gotta start the season no matter what time it is!

Well as I'm not sure if a "Bay" qualifies as Water lets call this a bonus track.:)

Finally a season that I have a song for! haha Looking forward to recording.

Last edited:
I was watching this video last night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaqO2B_ppRs

When I saw Andy's theme, this is the first one that popped up since it's mostly shot in water. I learned it today and made a video with a blue tint!!...unfortunately, the title of the song is "Moon"!! :wallbash:

Watch the video and you'll see why I posted...totally reminded me of Andy, especially his Season 62 kickoff video!!

The Bodleian library in Oxford, UK has a collection of over 30 000 broadsides. These are the pop songs of their day and date in time from the 16th to the early 20th centuries with most being from the 19th centuries. The songs are mostly words only. A very few have music, a few others specify that the song should be sung to an existing tune.

The song in my video came from a mid 19th century broadside and I found that it would fit to an existing traditional tune. The "action" of the song takes place by water, so fits the theme.

If you are prepared to write your own tunes, the Bodleian Library Broadside Collection can be a great source of songs but be prepared to spend time hunting before you find something you can use.

Call this my entry as it looks like I won't get time to do anything else this week.

Finally a season that I have a song for! haha Looking forward to recording.

Bravo, Kyle!! Your first Seasons video! Even tho you unda the sea, you be a Seasonista!
Go join the Seasonistas interest group under Community.

Nice strumming, and you seemed to be relaxed and having fun. Keep going, man!

The Water is Wide
Just managed to get this in before leaving the lighthouse cottage this (Monday) morning. My brother Ivan and his wife Debbie helped out.
We went to the trouble of going to the veranda where there is a view out over the Pacific Ocean looking directly east but the camera exposure just makes it white. There is nothing across this stretch of water til you get to Chile so it certainly is wide.
The rooms in the cottage have wonderful acoustics as the walls are solid cement blocks 40cm wide and it has 12ft (3.6m) ceilings.
The noise you can hear is actually the sound of the surf which we would not have had inside.
My official entry to Season 62.

Last edited:
Bravo, Kyle!! Your first Seasons video! Even tho you unda the sea, you be a Seasonista!
Go join the Seasonistas interest group under Community.

Nice strumming, and you seemed to be relaxed and having fun. Keep going, man!
Much appreciated. I joined that group also. And I learned to stop caring so much and just to have fun with it. Much easier and much more relaxing to play that way.

Top Bottom