Kepasa Middlesex Concert Spruce/ Rosewood Concert Excellant

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmyers

Reaction score
This is the best concert I ever owned , and I have owned several K brands and a Santa Cruz and a Loprinzi in this size. I never wanted to let this one go but my Luis De Feu Mesquita tenor arrives on tuesday and I need some cash. This concert was Kevin Crossett's personal player at one time. I purchased it about a year ago. Since Kevin doesn't date or number his ukes I can only say its is a recent build. the pictures tell the story. It is in excellent condition with no flaws, dings or anything except the lightest of use signs. After you see my price, and take delivery I will gladly return your money if you are not happy within 48 hours of delivery less shipping costs.
Includes a nice hard case and shipping in Conus if paid for without fees. Yes, you can pay with Payapl without fees at either end, just ask me. Or, your check is good after it clears , your choice.
Bottom line I have to get $700 for this beauty and that's firm.
Currently strong with Southcoast strings, reentrant.
PM me for more details and pictures.
This is soo beautiful and sounds incredible.
Good Luck,
Bob Myers

Attachments

• UkeInCaseUU.jpg
    UkeInCaseUU.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 246
  • FrontUU.jpg
    FrontUU.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 249
  • SidesUU.jpg
    SidesUU.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 195
  • BackUU.jpg
    BackUU.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 189
  • ObliqueUU.jpg
    ObliqueUU.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 171
Hey Bob,

Concerts aren't on my radar at the moment, but I'll go ahead and give this one a bump.

It looks spectacular.

This is the best concert I ever owned , and I have owned several K brands and a Santa Cruz and a Loprinzi in this size. I never wanted to let this one go but my Luis De Feu Mesquita tenor arrives on tuesday and I need some cash. This concert was Kevin Crossett's personal player at one time. I purchased it about a year ago. Since Kevin doesn't date or number his ukes I can only say its is a recent build. the pictures tell the story. It is in excellent condition with no flaws, dings or anything except the lightest of use signs. After you see my price, and take delivery I will gladly return your money if you are not happy within 48 hours of delivery less shipping costs.
Includes a nice hard case and shipping in Conus if paid for without fees. Yes, you can pay with Payapl without fees at either end, just ask me. Or, your check is good after it clears , your choice.
Good Luck,
Bob Myers

Kepasa ukes are among my favorites. That looks a really nice one Bob, at a good price.

(you got one the LFdM tenors from Remenyi's ?)

Yes on the LFdM Engleman Spruce and Zericote. He also has a slightly used Spruce and fugured Mahogany still available if you as I don't prefer cutaway at a nice price.
Bob
Bob

Yes on the LFdM Engleman Spruce and Zericote. He also has a slightly used Spruce and fugured Mahogany still available if you as I don't prefer cutaway at a nice price.
Bob
Bob

Bob, that was mine and I am getting another LFDM...I LOVE cutaways and I would have gotten it in the first place if he had one for sale. I hate waiting and it's driving me crazy...every couple of weeks, I keep on getting upgrades so increase in price! AARRGGHH

BUMP for the Kepasa!!

I hear you, I had to pay a hefty price because I did not buy last year and he even charges extra for the case now $100, last year it was free. But he has become quite in demand and as all the great luthiers he is developing quite a following and pricing accordingly. I think Mary Mac wants the used spruce/mahogany.
Anyhow I'll post pictures on Wed. and a short review with a longer one as I break it in.
Good Luck,
Bob

Better than a Santa Cruz? Those are so good, it's hard to imagine. You should post a sound file

Good Luck,
Bob Myers

I hear you, I had to pay a hefty price because I did not buy last year and he even charges extra for the case now $100, last year it was free. But he has become quite in demand and as all the great luthiers he is developing quite a following and pricing accordingly. I think Mary Mac wants the used spruce/mahogany.
Anyhow I'll post pictures on Wed. and a short review with a longer one as I break it in.
Good Luck,
Bob

When he offered the free case, it was one of those hard foam cases so not worth much. I wish I had one of his new cases as I have / had a Tweed case and Oahu case and both were too small. I use a Renunion Blues Case right now but a hassle to zipper and close vs. latches. I need to ask him what brand cases he uses and it's nice to have his logo on the case. I sent him my old one in the RB case so that's what it's coming back in.

Good luck in the sale of the Kepasa

When he offered the free case, it was one of those hard foam cases so not worth much. I wish I had one of his new cases as I have / had a Tweed case and Oahu case and both were too small. I use a Renunion Blues Case right now but a hassle to zipper and close vs. latches. I need to ask him what brand cases he uses and it's nice to have his logo on the case. I sent him my old one in the RB case so that's what it's coming back in.

Good luck in the sale of the Kepasa

I was told the cases were Kala "Uke Crazy" hard Shell Tweed Cases.

Can either one of you let me know what case you use. I would like to confirm cuz I've owned other Kala Uke Crazy cases and they didn't look that big at the lower bout.

Oh, Bob. If I wasn't waiting on a custom Pohaku right now I would be seriously tempted. I love the combination of spruce and rosewood: the fit of it all looks fabulous. I, too, would love to hear a sound sample when you have the time.

Well, I heard a sound sample: an excellent tone, good sustain and I think a fine balance high to low. Clear, smooth sound.

Bob, best of luck with the sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom