String Question????

T

tomthebaptist

Are the Titanium strings made by D'Addarrio's their version of fluorocarbon strings? Bought a tenor set today, haven't put them on yet, but they feel like fluorocarbon strings.

They're nylon . . . with a purple hue.

Does anyone know if the D'Addario Titanium and Ko'Olau Alohi strings are actually the same? They look awfully similar... I've got some Alohi's right now and like them on at least one of my ukes (KoAloha longneck). If they're the same as the Titanium, it will save me experimenting with the latter...

John

Are the Titanium strings made by D'Addarrio's their version of fluorocarbon strings? Bought a tenor set today, haven't put them on yet, but they feel like fluorocarbon strings.

They are definitively nylon classical guitar strings with a tint of purple in them....they don't feel neither sound like fluorocarbon strings.....but they do differ than their ''traditional'' nylon strings....

https://soundcloud.com/baouke

Does anyone know if the D'Addario Titanium and Ko'Olau Alohi strings are actually the same? They look awfully similar... I've got some Alohi's right now and like them on at least one of my ukes (KoAloha longneck). If they're the same as the Titanium, it will save me experimenting with the latter...

John
The answer you were looking for . . .
They are the T-2 nylon, but in different diameter. Ko'olau had D'addario making these years before D'addario marketed them as uke strings though. I think the Ko'olau gauging makes more sense but some people like the T-2. The Mahana is pro arte in different gauge and Golds are their original still made by another string company in Argentina. Ko'olau never set out to be a string maker, but they needed strings for their ukes and were not satisfied with what was available. In the end, they care about making good instruments. They know everyone will have their own opinion on what sounds best with them. They settled on what they liked best.

The answer you were looking for . . .

Thanks! That saves me needing to experiment with the Titaniums, I think, because the Alohi gages seem to work quite nicely together - very balanced and good intonation up the neck.

John

Top Bottom