Uke loop?

Spud1$

Reaction score
I ordered a Uke loop from Honupicks. Once it arrived I had second thoughts about sticking it to my Ukulele. I wondered if any one has used this and how hard it is to remove the sticky foam if I don't like it? I'm sure I read a thread about this before but I can't find it. P.s. the directions say to use goop if you want to remove it but that stuff is so oily I'm afraid it will soak in to the wood. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

As an alternative, you may want to consider a Mobius Strap, which requires no glues, tapes, screws or other modifications to your ukulele.

Hi Spud1$. I guess it depends on what type of uke you have. Something like a dolphin or a Lanikai you could always use goo gone (citrus based) to get the glue off if you want to try it. Anything nicer I would be hesitant. A button for a strap uke lease, or a sound hole strap might be another option

You could consider replacing the permanent foam square on the metal plate with adhesive that is designed to be removed, maybe something like these. These little squares grab smooth wood quite well, but I don't know how they behave on metal.

When I first started, I got a Uke Leash, which doesn't require any uke modifications. It worked well for me.

Maybe I could put one of those little squares on the foam!! Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Top Bottom