Hunting also... for a Kawika

pakhan

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am really keen to find a Kawika after playing my friend's. Missed out earlier this year, so hoping someone will have one they would be willing to let go...

NB> for my private playing...

Terence

I've always wanted one of these, too. I passed up the one earlier this year--I don't know why....
Hi guys,

I am really keen to find a Kawika after playing my friend's. Missed out earlier this year, so hoping someone will have one they would be willing to let go...

NB> for my private playing...

Terence

Ukulele Friend has at least one for sale.

I'm looking for a tenor, I think Shawn hasn't one in stock at the moment.

There is one listed on flea market ukulele. Not mine and I am not affiliated with the seller .

It's a five-string with what appears to be a double c-string course. Interesting. Can't say I've ever seen that configuration.

It's very nice, but quite expensive. A cool $4500....

It's a five-string with what appears to be a double c-string course. Interesting. Can't say I've ever seen that configuration.

It's very nice, but quite expensive. A cool $4500....

Yep. Too rich for my blood. That's like half of my gratuitous ukulele collection right there. Haha. Still, it's a Kawika- not saying it's not worth it despite never having played one. By all accounts of those in the know, they don't come much better. It's really, really nice looking, too.

Aloha all,

I thought I'd chime in on this uke. It's a phenomenal player and has very rich and complex tones with excellent projection and clarity as well. I actually had that uke some time ago and, believe me, it was a tough one to let go of. Kawika ukes are wonderful playing instruments! The double 'C' string was nice as well. It gave it a little more depth and range of tone but remained to be a perfect instrument to strum or fingerpick. Loved it!

As for the seller, I know him quite well too. He's a good friend and a 'straight-shooter'. Very honest. Very reliable. And a great resource to the community in promoting the ukulele worldwide. If anyone is interested in a Kawika, this one is definitely one to seriously consider.

all the best,
Shawn Y.

Top Bottom