PDA

View Full Version : new (old) plastic uke day!

UKEonomics
04-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Just got this in the mail today. Yet another ukulele that I really don't need. UAS is very much a sickness.

Lots of battle scars on it, but the price was right. I like to think that gives it character. :)

fumanshu
04-20-2013, 05:34 PM
It's cool you can take it on camping and do some kayak with it and play it after!!!

https://soundcloud.com/baouke

Hikingstevo
04-20-2013, 06:09 PM
Very nice. I have one of those too. Mine looks very much like yours except the tuning pegs are red. It is surprisingly a very good uke. The in intonation is dead on, the tone is very pleasant and it has good volume too. The friction pegs take a bit getting use to but they hold the string tension just fine. The history on these is very interesting. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

UKEonomics
04-20-2013, 06:33 PM
Thanks! Just strung it up with some fresh strings and started to test the waters. Intonation seems to be good. Much better than what I was expecting for a plastic uke, but the action is a tad bit high. I'm really enjoying the different sound.

Hikingstevo
04-20-2013, 06:55 PM
Thanks! Just strung it up with some fresh strings and started to test the waters. Intonation seems to be good. Much better than what I was expecting for a plastic uke, but the action is a tad bit high. I'm really enjoying the different sound.

I think the action may look higher than it actually is because of the white fret board, if that makes sense.
I checked out your links... I have a grizzly kit uke that the intonation is off. I'm going to make a resonator uke out of it based on the YouTube video you posted. Thanks!