new (old) plastic uke day!

Very nice. I have one of those too. Mine looks very much like yours except the tuning pegs are red. It is surprisingly a very good uke. The in intonation is dead on, the tone is very pleasant and it has good volume too. The friction pegs take a bit getting use to but they hold the string tension just fine. The history on these is very interesting. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Thanks! Just strung it up with some fresh strings and started to test the waters. Intonation seems to be good. Much better than what I was expecting for a plastic uke, but the action is a tad bit high. I'm really enjoying the different sound.

Thanks! Just strung it up with some fresh strings and started to test the waters. Intonation seems to be good. Much better than what I was expecting for a plastic uke, but the action is a tad bit high. I'm really enjoying the different sound.

I think the action may look higher than it actually is because of the white fret board, if that makes sense.
I checked out your links... I have a grizzly kit uke that the intonation is off. I'm going to make a resonator uke out of it based on the YouTube video you posted. Thanks!

Top Bottom