Koaloha Tenor Thin body electric or install Baggs 5.00 in a premium Pineapple tenor?

Which is better option for A/E uke?

• buy premium pineapple Koa tenor & seller install Baggs 5.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GASguy

Reaction score
I have decided i need / want a uke I can plug in; I usually use a Roland AC 60 amp but I also have a Fender Acoustisonic.

I would like your thoughts and opinions on the following choices;

A. Just get the Koaloha Tenor Thin body electric as it seems it was designed for this purpose and the Baggs 5.0 is factory installed.

B. Get the Premium Pineapple tenor and have the Baggs 5.0 installed by the seller.

C. Have the Baggs 5.0 installed in either the Kaneli'a Koa super tenor or walnut tenor already in my posession.

D. Buy an instrument mic and deal with that.

I generally play guitar, either my Taylors or my McPhersons out plugged in, so I am used to just plugging in using onboard electronics.

Thanks for your input.
Ron

Last edited:
As they used to say in the business world, no one ever got fired for buying Koaloha, ...or somthing like that.

I would definitely go with the Ko'Aloha Thinline tenor. Comes from the factory with the Baggs 5.0 like you said and it sounds and feels great. I just recently sold mine in the Marketplace and it was the hardest decision for me to make. I will definitely regret selling it. You can purchase it from HMS right now for $1300. They won't last long.

I found several threads on the KoAloha Tenor Thin body electric ukulele here on the forums.

I would really appreciate any further input from all members, but would be especially grateful for input from any present or former owners of this model.

Thank You,
Ron

Top Bottom