Humidifier tip on Ebay

This looks similar to the original planet waves humidifier.

They work well but you have to use distilled water or the phelonic material gets clogged by the calcium, minerals, etc. in non-distilled water, and loses the capacity to absorb and hold the moisture.

I use those for some of my guitars (planet waves version) but they dry out quickly. I have to redampen every 4 or 5 days. I use oasis humidifiers for my ukes and did get one for one of my guitars and will probably get more for my other guitars. They last a lot longer between fills. I get distilled water from the grocery store by the gallon for a dollar and it lasts about 2 years.

I use those for some of my guitars (planet waves version) but they dry out quickly. I have to redampen every 4 or 5 days. I use oasis humidifiers for my ukes and did get one for one of my guitars and will probably get more for my other guitars. They last a lot longer between fills. I get distilled water from the grocery store by the gallon for a dollar and it lasts about 2 years.

I agree; my experience is that the Oasis humidifiers are the best I have tried / used.

Another Oasis fan here. I have been replacing the Hercos and self-built humidifiers over time with Oasis.

I have an Oasis. It could not get the humidity level over 40% here in the dry norwegian winter. I had to put a wet sponge in the case with it.

Bill

I'm not an expert but I think 40% is acceptable. My local guitar shop has a store humidifier and I think he said he keeps it at either 40 or 45%.
I have an Oasis. It could not get the humidity level over 40% here in the dry norwegian winter. I had to put a wet sponge in the case with it.

Bill

Top Bottom