Homemade Banjolele

1994deano

Reaction score
Hi guys, i just made this banjolele today, so i thought i would make a quick post to show it off to you lovely people here.
Please give me your opinions on it and any suggestions i could make
Banjolele.jpg

Cheers,
Dean

That look pretty nice. Nice work too. How does it sound/play? Can you post a few more pics?

Cheers :) it plays a lot louder than i expected, and it has a nice warm tone. I took the neck from my first ukulele which was a Mahalo and the intonation/tuning is better than what it was when on that. Also that little darker piece on the end is mahogany, i knew my dad saved that shelf for something.
IMG_20130421_211334_967.jpgIMG_20130421_211415_054.jpgIMG_20130421_211523_323.jpg

Looks nice!
The only suggestion would be to donate it to me! Looks really good though

Nice work, looks good.

Looks great. Did you use a hand drum for the shell?

Yeah it was a cheap 10 inch tunable hand drum from amazon, so I had to put a metal bolt across to strengthen it. And hopefully I will put some videos up soon, but my playing isn't up to scratch at the moment. Cheers for the great comments guys as well, it makes the hours spent feel even more worthwhile.

Is the neck at the same angle as the surface of the body? If not, if you ever go back and change anything or build another you might want to have the neck angle backwards away from the surface so that the strings are nearly parallel to the fretboard. The action on that looks mighty high.

Top Bottom