Bohemian Rhapsody - own cover

guilherme órfão

Reaction score
Hi guys!

My name is Guilherme Órfão and I am 16 years old.
I live in Madeira island, Portugal and I play not only the ukulele but also its parents: braguinha and rajão.

What happens is that rajão is exactly the same thing as a tenor ukulele: same scale length, same body size, same tuning! The ONLY difference is that rajão has an additional string which is a D, so that its tuning is DGCEA and its positions are the same as guitar, of course with those higher octaves from the G and also the D string.
As I play these instruments since I was 7, I now compose and arrange a lot of songs so that I did my own arrangement of Bohemian Rhapsody to ukulele tenor/rajão.

Hope you like it!

Hi guys!
My name is Guilherme Órfão and I am 16 years old.
I live in Madeira island, Portugal and I play not only the ukulele but also its parents: braguinha and rajão.

What happens is that rajão is exactly the same thing as a tenor ukulele: same scale length, same body size, same tuning! The ONLY difference is that rajão has an additional string which is a D, so that its tuning is DGCEA and its positions are the same as guitar, of course with those higher octaves from the G and also the D string.
As I play these instruments since I was 7, I now compose and arrange a lot of songs so that I did my own arrangement of Bohemian Rhapsody to ukulele tenor/rajão. Hope you like it!

Welcome, Guilherme! Great to have you with us.
You played that beautifully, and it will be great to see more of your peformances. That's a well-produced video...were you on a television show?

Welcome, Guilherme! Great to have you with us.
You played that beautifully, and it will be great to see more of your peformances. That's a well-produced video...were you on a television show?

Thank you!
To see more of my performances or simply some videos of me playing on my luthier friend Carlos Jorge Pereira Rodrigues's shop just search for my name on youtube. You will find videos of braguinha, rajão, viola de arame (the 3 traditional instruments here from the island that were taken to Hawai) and also of my band which is called Metáfora. Also try to find videos of Orquestra de Ponteado da Madeira which is an orchestra with young people playing these instruments with great songs.

And yes, it was a television show I went to be interviewed and to play this song.

Btw, Waltz for Debby - Bill Evans, played also on a rajão

Top Bottom