I don't understand where this is going, but...

menehunenyc

Reaction score
Came across this interesting t-shirt for sale. Certainly has overtones of UUs rebelliousness, but something about it doesn't sit right with me...

Front

ry%3D480

Back

ry%3D480

The misspelling? ;)

(I know it's an alternate spelling and more common in Britain, but I don't like the way it looks. :B )

hmmm its pretty interesting...haha where is this from??? Ukulele with an E......this shirt reminds me when uke players say, "is that your uke...or are you just happy to see me?" hahahha lol

The misspelling? ;)

(I know it's an alternate spelling and more common in Britain, but I don't like the way it looks. :B )

Ha!!!!Didn't catch the mispelling. Here is a quote from the item description on the website:

From the Designer
These Hawaiian musical instruments of doom have links with Al Queda (according to slightly exaggerated reports). Thankfully, you can rest easily knowing that such tuneful devices can't harm you now.

Or

For those daring to venture forth, here is the url

Last edited:
It's my understanding that it's an alternate British spelling. I think I remember reading that somewhere once. The Internet is never wrong. ;)

Many pronounce ukulele as "yoo-ka-lay-lee", "yoo-ka-lay-lay", "yoo-koo-lay-lay" or "yoo-kay-lay-lay" but it's actually "oo-koo-lay-lay". And for short it's "ook" instead of "yook".

Ditto to Laron.

Also misspelled is the "s" at the end. There is no such word as ukuleles. Plural for more than one is "na `ukulele", or just leave off the s, as in,
"How many `ukulele do you have?"

Love this stuff. Would've been a pretty cool shirt, otherwise.

-Aaron

Last edited:
Ok great grammar lesson guys! BUT WHAT IS WITH THE SLOGAN? Ukulele linked to Al Qaeda:uhoh:? Overblown reports? Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Ferris Beuller? Anyone?...

Ditto to Laron.

Also misspelled is the "s" at the end. There is no such word as ukuleles. Plural for more than one is "na `ukulele", or just leave off the s, as in,
"How many `ukulele do you have?"

Love this stuff. Would've been a pretty cool shirt, otherwise.

-Aaron

So Rap Replinger should have said "Barry get na 'uku, Barry get na 'uku" not "Barry get da 'ukus, Barry get da 'ukus" ?? :D

Top Bottom