PDA

View Full Version : FS: Collings UC1K w/L.R. Baggs 5.0 and OHSC

open-road-matt
04-22-2013, 02:14 PM
For sale is a Collings UC1K, the concert sized all koa ukulele. Here is the Collings webpage for the UC1K for more info and specs:

http://www.collingsguitars.com/Instruments/?ID=59

History: I bought this ukulele brand new from Acoustic Music Works in Pittsburgh, PA in June of 2010.

It's a stunning instrument! I'm by no means an ukulele expert. I've only been playing maybe 4 years but the second I heard this I thought, "that's what an ukulele should sound like!" It's got a fun, happy, punchy tone. It's as light as a feather and a joy to play!

Reason for Selling: I primarily use my instruments to play live. I pick them up now and then at home but with two small children, my free time to pay is pretty limited. I use the ukulele for about 8-10 songs per show. The rest of the time it hands from an ukulele stand that attaches to my microphone. Despite trying to make this Collings my stage ukulele, I'm just too nervous about it. I play outdoors a lot and it's so light. I feel like it's only a matter of time before it gets knocked off that little stand. So I travel and gig with my Mainland and this Collings has been sitting at home. I used it to record on my latest record. It records wonderfully but it's too nice to live in a case!

Condition: There are three things that make this instrument less than mint:

1) There is a small ding at the very top of the headstock. I tried to show it in the last photo below. (In the photo of the headstock there is a bit of a glare off of the left corner of the headstock. That is not the ding. That's just a glare. The tiny ding is just above the "o" in Collings.)

2) The first pickup I tried in this instrument was a K&K Twin Spot. I didn't care for that and tried a few others. The tech who put in my second pickup attempt said he wasn't able to remove the K&K transducers so those are still stuck inside the instrument.

3) The saddle had to be modified to install the L.R. Baggs 5.0 Ukulele pickup so the saddle isn't quite as long as the saddle slot.

Here are some photos:5216752168521695217052171

I have several more photos. I'll try to add them in another post.

I'm asking $900 plus actual shipping.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any more info.

Thanks!
Matt

open-road-matt
04-22-2013, 02:15 PM
More Photos:

BrettMidwest
04-22-2013, 02:28 PM
So does it currently have a working pickup installed in it then?

open-road-matt
04-22-2013, 02:40 PM
So does it currently have a working pickup installed in it then?

Yes it does.

Sorry if that was confusing. It has the L.R. Baggs 5.0 ukulele pickup installed.

Matt

open-road-matt
04-29-2013, 09:21 AM
Still available, $900 plus actual shipping.

I made a video where I do my best to show off this wonderful instrument:

http://vimeo.com/65079841

Matt

open-road-matt
05-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the inquiries and offers! I have a sale pending.

open-road-matt
05-04-2013, 06:33 AM
This ukulele is sold!

Thanks!
Matt