"The Nearness of You" - Another fun video!

Sarah Maisel

Reaction score
I want to say thank you again to my friend, Craig Chee! He sent me another edited video from my trip to Eugene yesterday. Here it is, please enjoy!

Make sure to set your video to 720p(HD), to see and hear it at it's best! I love that there is a wood burning fireplace in the background- that place was so relaxing and beautiful....

That's so pretty...very interesting video in that I would have expected you to be on the left side of the frame.

Very nice! Interesting uke, too. Was that recorded via a pickup or studio mic?

John

The uke was amplified, but it was just his camera microphone (but his camera is super nice) that picked up everything for the recording.

Absolutely a most beautiful and lovely performance! I also love how you always look so comfortable -- and happy -- playing your ukulele, too! Sarah, do you ever go out on tour? If so, if you are ever in the Pacific Northwest, I must come see you play in person -- that would be phenomenal! Thank you for sharing your wonderful music with us! :)

Aloha Sarah,
It's not the pale moon that excites me, it's watching you play this wonderful Jazz standard. Awesome job filled with emotions, loved it.......HANA HOU!
Mahalo Bruddah Craig..........................Bo...............

Absolutely a most beautiful and lovely performance! I also love how you always look so comfortable -- and happy -- playing your ukulele, too! Sarah, do you ever go out on tour? If so, if you are ever in the Pacific Northwest, I must come see you play in person -- that would be phenomenal! Thank you for sharing your wonderful music with us! :)

Thank you so much! Actually, I am planning a tour to come up to Oregon (Eugene); I'll be doing several performances with my bass player (Paul Tillery). I've got some of the gigs listed on my website already, www.sarahmaisel.com/events
I'd love to see you in person too!!! I'll be up there in August.

We'll definitely do a couple more videos when we see each other next weekend in Berkeley... any requests?? Sarah always wanted to do a rap song...

Thank you so much! Actually, I am planning a tour to come up to Oregon (Eugene); I'll be doing several performances with my bass player (Paul Tillery). I've got some of the gigs listed on my website already, www.sarahmaisel.com/events
I'd love to see you in person too!!! I'll be up there in August.

Thanks so much, Sarah, for your response! That's super you'll be in Eugene! I'll check your web site for further details! It will be amazing to see you! :cool:

We'll definitely do a couple more videos when we see each other next weekend in Berkeley... any requests?? Sarah always wanted to do a rap song...

Oh my, really --requests? Too cool! Well, hmmm...I don't know if Sarah likes smooth jazz at all, but some of my favorite artists include Ronny Jordan, Craig Chaquico, Down To The Bone, Mindi Abair, and Eliane Elias. :) As for a rap song, how about Suzanne Vega's Tom's Diner? :)

Top Bottom