Introducing Amigo XIX LFdM Tenor Ukulele

bobmyers

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have received today my new Luis Feu de Mesquita Tenor Ukaferri in Engleman Spruce top and Zericote back and sides. It has a radius fret board and slotted headstock. Currently strung with Southcoast linear strings with two round wound strings.
I have purchased it without case but I am using a new O'ahu tenor case that fits nice and snug, see pictures.
I am not going to rate the sound as yet as the strings need to be retuned until they settle in and the uke need to be accoustomed to my enviroment. Just say it is very promising. and I expect it to be in the same league as my Moore Beetah when the spruce top has a chance to open up.
The build quality is as good as anything I have owned and the finish is just as perfect.
I am very satisfied with this purchase and would do it again and recommend this builder to all.
Enjoy the pictures below and more to come after I break it in.
InCase.jpgBack.jpgSides.jpgOblique.jpgHeadstock.jpg

Regards All,
Bob Myers

Congrats on the purchase, Bob. Gotta say it's a beautiful instrument. Comparo with the MB in terms of sound, tone & playability. At your discretion, of course!

Beautiful! Congratulations, Bob, and welcome to the LFdM club!

Sweet...Welcome to the club. I would love to get your opinion compared to the MBU since both are spruce even though the MBU is Sitka and the LFDM is Englemann and of course diff't backs. You've owned a lot of nice ukes so looking forward to your thoughts.

Maybe Rich could chime in since he owns both in sitka spruce.

Very nice! Congrats.

Beautiful spruce top, breath taking back and sides, congratulations!!!

Wonderful looking uke. I like the contrast againt the bamboo.

Woahhhhhhh!!!!! Welcome to the LFDM family club!!!!! The Zericote back is insane!!!!!!!! I just love that wood. I didn't know that Luis has some.

Just like others that own a LFDM, I would like you to make a little comparaison with your MB uke since I might consider getting a Mb in the future too....

I guess your LFDM might be a little ''brighter'' than mine since I have a cedar top. But it would be interesting if you can go listen to a few of my soundclips on my soudcloud (Mlle. Elastique and Bizarre Love Triangle on the other ones, I play a MP ukulele) where I play my LFDM and let me know how does yours sound compare to my recording.....Mine is a Amigo V...

Thanks and congrats once again...you really have a nice uke!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/baouke

Last edited:
No kidding, the zericote is wonderful. As you get to know the instrument be sure to give us a good in-depth review.

Congrats!

Wow! That's beautiful Bob. The soundhole reminds of the Maccaferri guitar I think it is.

Wow, what a gorgeous uke! I've never seen that species of wood before. Where is it from? I bet it sounds different than any other...that Django style soundhole is very looksome!

Woahhhhhhh!!!!! Welcome to the LFDM family club!!!!! The Zericote back is insane!!!!!!!! I just love that wood. I didn't know that Luis has some.

Just like others that own a LFDM, I would like you to make a little comparaison with your MB uke since I might consider getting a Mb in the future too....

I guess your LFDM might be a little ''brighter'' than mine since I have a cedar top. But it would be interesting if you can go listen to a few of my soundclips on my soudcloud (Mlle. Elastique and Bizarre Love Triangle on the other ones, I play a MP ukulele) where I play my LFDM and let me know how does yours sound compare to my recording.....Mine is a Amigo V...

Thanks and congrats once again...you really have a nice uke!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/baouke

Congratulations Bob,
Okay you guys, I am thinking about getting a Lfdm maybe, can you all tell me the good points about them.....hope this is not all hype and you guys better not be lying...... :)

Last edited:
Stan I thought you were joking when you told me this last week..

Hey Len You know anybody in town that get one, I want to try it out......let me know

Hey Stan..
I don't think anybody got one yet..most people I know here want to stick with the Hawaiian sound..me too.. Hehe

Btw Congrats Bob..nice wood combination..

Last edited:
Hey Len You know anybody in town that get one, I want to try one out......let me know

We have 4 that should be ready soon. Maybe you can come up and see what you think. Listen to different woods/ options. (no strum marks though, eh ;))

We have 4 that should be ready soon. Maybe you can come up and see what you think. Listen to different woods/ options. (no strum marks though, eh ;))

Andrew... I been trying to get Stan out to you guys..what about it Stan you up to it yet? let me know when..we show MGM and Andrew some of your ukes too..

wow the next Lfdm batch must to all for you..

Top Bottom