PDA

View Full Version : Out For Delivery

vanflynn
04-24-2013, 05:28 AM
How can three words stir up so many emotions?

teruterubouzu
04-24-2013, 05:29 AM
Whee! Any hints on what you are waiting for?

vanflynn
04-24-2013, 05:36 AM
It's a Pono AC from HMS with a K&K Aloha Twin pickup installed

http://www.theukulelesite.com/pono-ac-acacia-concert.html

hibiscus
04-24-2013, 06:10 AM
You have a fun day ahead!

teruterubouzu
04-24-2013, 06:14 AM
It's a Pono AC from HMS with a K&K Aloha Twin pickup installed

http://www.theukulelesite.com/pono-ac-acacia-concert.html

It sounds very nice. Hope it arrives soon.

dkcrown
04-24-2013, 06:52 AM
Here's hoping that you can say three more words soon. Yay, it's here!

AirCanuck
04-24-2013, 07:19 AM
So there go your plans for tonight I assume. Anyway be happy, my 3 words for today are:
Clearance delay - Import

Muh. :p

BlueLatitude
04-24-2013, 07:29 AM
Isn't it funny how the closer a package gets, the slower it moves?

Trinimon
04-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Congrats on the new uke! Looks pretty!

Freeda
04-24-2013, 07:44 AM
How can three words stir up so many emotions?

You are not joking!

allanr
04-24-2013, 08:10 AM
Isn't it funny how the closer a package gets, the slower it moves?

THIS

(plus some random noise so that that can be there)

mm stan
04-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Aloha Jim,
wow wow Congrats...I played ponos at HMS and tried a few...man do the ones I tried sing...maybe even better than some premimum brands for sure...Happy strummings

vanflynn
04-24-2013, 10:29 AM
The Pono Arrived - those are three words I've been waiting to say. Of course they were running late (big snow storm yesterday that slowed everything up) and every truck driving by sounds like a FedEx truck!

I had to make sure it wasn't damaged in shipping so I opened it up. Looks great and plays real smooth. HMS did it good!

Thanks for the kind words to help the day go by. Now I think I'm skipping out of work early - I got some uking to do.

BlueLatitude
04-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Congratulations! I love my Pono.

Dan Uke
04-24-2013, 11:22 AM
congrats...NUD!

mm stan
04-24-2013, 12:46 PM
:smileybounce::shaka::)
The Pono Arrived - those are three words I've been waiting to say. Of course they were running late (big snow storm yesterday that slowed everything up) and every truck driving by sounds like a FedEx truck!

I had to make sure it wasn't damaged in shipping so I opened it up. Looks great and plays real smooth. HMS did it good!

Thanks for the kind words to help the day go by. Now I think I'm skipping out of work early - I got some uking to do.
Aloha Jim,
Are you playing hookie from work today...LOL ha ha had to open it up quickly to see it damaged eh...ha ha good excuse man...happy strummings..:music:

hibiscus
04-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Glad it arrived safely!

rem50
04-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Congrats.... will we see pics? I too have a Pono and think it was one of my best purchases I ever made. Hope you love yours too!

kvehe
04-24-2013, 02:48 PM
New uke days are the best days! Congrats!

sukie
04-24-2013, 02:56 PM
Have you come up for air yet?

cds
04-24-2013, 03:17 PM
I should be seeing this tomorrow morning. Pohaku incoming!

-Emma-
04-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Have fun with your new uke :) .

The Pono MCD is on my wishlist...

PereBourik
04-24-2013, 05:30 PM
Enjoy your new Pono. I have an ATD and it is fine. Big, lusty sound that makes me sound a whole lot better than I am. Isn't that the point of getting a new ukulele? HMS too. You did it right.

vanflynn
04-25-2013, 04:19 AM
It ainít true without pics
(sorry for the lousy cellphone pics but I had better things to do!)

52291 52292 52293

How can you not leave work early with a box like that on your desk.

First off I would like to say that this Pono AC from HMS is the bargain of the century. You really get a lot of bang for the buck here. Nothing to do right out of the box but tune it up and start playing. The string action was right on, the frets were dressed and smooth, it plays great and sounds wonderful. It comes with Koíolau Mahana strings which are not as bright and more mellow than what I typically use but I am liking them on this uke. I got this uke from cash I received from a friendís estate. I played the uke to him while he was in hospice so it seemed the right thing to do. Since this will possibly be the last uke I buy for a while I decided to let the pros at HMS install a K&K Aloha Twin pickup in it. I plugged it into a Roland Microcube, using a LR Baggs Gigpro, and was very happy. Nice even tone and actually sounds like a uke!

Finally I would like to say that buying a uke from HMS is awesome. I donít think Andrew ever sleeps, I was getting emails from him when he should have been counting sheep. Quick to respond and always accommodating.

Luckily the only thing I have to do this weekend is play. Ahh, a new uke high!

lowendrick
04-25-2013, 04:23 AM
Wow, gorgeous. Enjoy!

wayfarer75
04-25-2013, 04:33 AM
Nice! I like the grain pattern. Those Ponos are such a great deal. I've had to keep myself from buying a blemished one from HMS.

kvehe
04-25-2013, 04:35 AM
Beautiful grain - I love it, I love Ponos, and I love HMS. If I weren't having my own NUD today (I hope), I would be really, really jealous! :D

vanflynn
04-25-2013, 04:47 AM
Wow, lots of new uke days this week! I was waiting for warmer weather for shipping purposes (and waiting and waiting....)

Hope yours comes soon Kathryn, don't wear out the tracking website today!

Doc_J
04-25-2013, 04:49 AM
Beautiful grain - I love it, I love Ponos, and I love HMS. If I weren't having my own NUD today (I hope), I would be really, really jealous! :D

Congrats! Tell us what you're getting .

bborzell
04-25-2013, 05:18 AM
Congrats on the new Pono. My first Uke (way back in March of 2013) was a Pono ATDC and it is a keeper. Clear, warm and full sound as well as silky playability. The fit and finish are way beyond what one might expect to get for an instrument at this price point.

It's funny that I almost didn't buy it. After going to a store expecting to pay no more than $300 for an instrument that I had never before held in my hands, I found myself playing (actually strumming the two chords that I had worked out in my head) my way up the price ladder until I got to a mahagony Kremona and an acacia Pono ATDC. They both sounded warm and had good projection so since the Kremona was less money, I choose it.

While getting a low G string installed, we discovered that the Kremona had a slight buzz that occurred on all four strings; maybe a loose brace or kerfing. That was the only Kremona they had so I bit the bullet and sprung for the Pono instead. Turned out to be a very good decision.

I am certain that you will love yours.

Trinimon
04-25-2013, 05:27 AM
Looks sweet! Like the grain and nice gloss finish. Congrats again!

Steedy
04-25-2013, 05:51 AM
Congrats on your lovely new Pono! They are pretty awesome aren't they? :nana:

kvehe
04-25-2013, 06:44 AM
Not to hijack the thread...

vanflynn - I asked that it be sent to a FedEx office so it could be signed for and/or wouldn't sit on my front porch all day, and FedEx just called to say that they have it.

Doc_J - Well, technically speaking, it's N(to me)UD - a Collings concert. I also hope to receive today, or maybe tomorrow, an Emenee Flamingo Arthur Godfrey signature soprano. That should be a blast.

Ok, back to congratulations and praise of a beautiful Pono!!

joekulele
04-25-2013, 07:29 PM
That is a beautiful ukulele! Congratulations! And true, the HMS crew is an outstanding bunch. They even called me to apologize for the inconvenience when they were temporarily out of stock on a set of strings that I had ordered on line! Top notch.
-joe

Hippie Dribble
04-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Mmmm, it's a lovely one Jim. And yes, the HMS crew are unsurpassed. Hope this is just the first of countless fun weekends of uke playing mate!

UkerDanno
04-26-2013, 03:49 AM
Congrat's! on the Pono AC, it looks gorgeous! I was leaning heavily toward that, until I found the Martin in a local shop. The best part is I walked out of the store with it!