Giannini Baritone - Are they good?

Tsani

Reaction score
I have a Favilla Baritone, and I may be spoiled. I am shopping for another baritone for my son. We are working on playing classical duets and sometimes he plays the baritone part and I play the soprano, and on some pieces we switch. I want him to have a baritone uke of his own to practice with and to play. I am looking at a Giannini, but I worry that it will not be as good as my Favilla and we will both be disappointed.

Does anybody own a Giannini that can comment on the sound quality, intonation, action, etc.?

I have two Giannini baritones. I have had four others which were as good as the two I kept. Both of the two are often given favorably comments by other baritone players who play them. The four which live elsewhere moved because of their sound and playablity. They did not get sold as a cheap baritone. Are you able to play it before you buy it? All have worn Aquila strings either as dGBE or GCEA. One currently sports dGBe and gets lots and lots of favorable comments.

No, I will not be able to play before I buy - so it is a "pig in a poke". I would likely tune it DGBE. I am also looking at a "Wabash". I really love my Favilla, but the chances of getting a Favilla baritone at a low price are very remote. Favillas have a devoted following and they never "fly under the radar". Thanks for your recommendation. I will continue to consider the Giannini.

I have a '46-'52 Favilla Baritone I may want to sell. I've got 320.00 into it. Don't really care if I sell or not so haven't put it in the Marketplace. PM m eif interested. Has a wonderful bluesy sound and look.

if the vintage ones don't pan out, I have one word, PONO. you can pick up the 2nds pretty reasonably and they are Very nice.

Top Bottom