Uke Buttons

PeterC

Reaction score
If i was to install a strap button on concert, would it tamper with the sound ?
Reagrds,
Peter

no..that's where the thick block of wood is joining the sides, top, and back.

Are you going to install yourself?

If i was to install a strap button on concert, would it tamper with the sound ?
Reagrds,
Peter

Only if you install it in the middle of the soundboard... :biglaugh:

That said, installing button(s) at the heel of the uke and in the heel of the neck will not affect the sound at all.

It is not at all difficult to install the buttons, but you must drill a small pilot hole a little smaller than the screw, and as deep as the screw will penetrate, first, especially for a button being installed in the heel of the neck. If you do not drill the pilot hole there is an 93.2071% chance that the screw will split the wood when you screw it in....

John

Last edited:
or a 3to 1 chance that the screw will twist off before it gets tight enough to hold the buttons in place.

A fellow brought a uke to the shop for a neck rest. The tail button is set further toward the back considerably closer than toward the center. Is there some good reason for that?

or a 3to 1 chance that the screw will twist off before it gets tight enough to hold the buttons in place.

A fellow brought a uke to the shop for a neck rest. The tail button is set further toward the back considerably closer than toward the center. Is there some good reason for that?

None that I can think of. It probably doesn't hurt anything, but I can't imagine any benefit to it, either.

John

Top Bottom