Waiting For the Brown Truck

T

tomthebaptist

I'm waiting for the arrival of my newley adoped Loprinzi ACK-K Koa Concert. You can see a picture of it at www.ukerepublic.com. Mike has been so helpful and patient with me.

tc

It is beautiful! I'm sure it will sound just heavenly.

Tomorrow I will be waiting for the white truck with the green and purple letters!!

Oh man, wait til you play it!

Loprinzis' necks are crazy fast -- enjoy!

Aloha Tom,
Congratualtions...wow wow a loprinzi...cool I've never played one yet...happy strummings...

Congratulations on your up and coming new uke day!

Congrats, I just looked at it on Mike's website and Wow! Hope the truck gets there soon!

Congratulations. Tee hee!! I'm as excited as you - my Loprinzi special koa soprano is supposed to arrive tomorrow, also from Mike at UR. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! :nana:

I was soooo close to buying that concert myself! It's made out of the same koa log as my soprano. Only chose soprano size as that's what I play nowadays.

LoPrinzis are great, and that koa looks very unique. I can understand why you are so excited!

I almost had a mahogany soprano, but it had to be returned to the seller because of a twisted neck (just bad luck). I bought a Kelii koa concert instead, leaving me open to buying another LoPrinzi in the future. I looove my Kelii, but connor013 is right about the necks--I definitely preferred the feel of the LoPrinzi. And the build quality is just awesome; very light. I definitely plan to be a permanent LoPrinzi owner in the future.

The "Brown Truck" arrived! After opening box and taking the uke out of its case - I found Good News and Bad News. I couldn't help but stare at the beauty of the Koa. I think the most beautiful piece of Koa I've ever laid eyes on. The build quality superior. Just a beautiful ukulele all the way around. Well, that's the "good news." The "bad news:" After playing it for several hours, I realized the two of us were not meant for each other. So, I packed it up and sadly shipped her back to Mike at Uke Republic. By the way, Mike was most understanding. He's the best!

With all this said, someone is going to have a gorgeous ukulele waiting for them at the Uke Republic. Go for it! Again, Mike thank you for being so patient with me. The Good News: Great Ukulele. The Bad News: Not a good fit for me. And for the record: There is nothing wrong with the ukulele. If anything, maybe I need to have my head examined!

Last edited:
Sorry it didn't work out Tom. That's one sweet looking uke.

At least you gave it a try and have the sense to realize it.

What's next?

I'm loving my soprano version that just arrived. I'll post a review soon. I could see how it's not for everyone as it is quite heavy, but the build is fantastic and the koa is beautiful. I had a play about with strings and it sounds lovely with D'addario titanium - really crisp and clear. I love it!

Sometimes ukes just don't click. I've been there, surprisingly with a Kanile'a. You did the right thing returning it if it wasn't for you. Mine will be with me a long long time though :)

Very cool! I can't wait unitl I can custom order my own LoPrinzi...I think the necks are so awesome because they are made by a woman...just sayin'...they do fit our hands very well...

Sorry it didn't work out Tom. That's one sweet looking uke.

At least you gave it a try and have the sense to realize it.

What's Next?

I'm not sure what's next. I think I'll just play and enjoy what I have. The Loprinzi ACT (cherry tenor) is so sweet I'm not sure I need nor even desire another uke. I bought this uke from Mike back in January and it plays like butter! I
love it! That was part of the reason I sent the Koa concert back. I realized that even though it is pretty, it would be more of a trophy hanging on the wall, than an instrument I would use to make music. To me, a good instrument, be it a ukulele, guitar, violin, whatever, is to be played, not looked at. In the right hands, this particular ukulele will sing beautiful songs. It has an amazing voice! Had I kept it, I would have lowered the action at the nut just a little. Even then, had I done that, I realized it wouldn't get much play time.

Matty, I considered the soprano myself. But you had already snatched it up. I'm sure you will enjoy many hours of fun.

Very cool! I can't wait unitl I can custom order my own LoPrinzi...I think the necks are so awesome because they are made by a woman...just sayin'...they do fit our hands very well...

I agree. I'm considering getting a tenor to string low G, and I really think a LoPrinzi would fit the bill. I just loved the neck. I do also love the fact that the ukes are made by a woman (Augie's mostly retired; it's basically just Donna now). Not so many lady luthiers out there.

Last edited:
Donna did a great job on my ukulele. I love it. I've just posted a New Uke Day about it now. The neck is the most playable of any ukulele I have tried. I'm thinking of getting a custom mahogany done.

Top Bottom