New Koaloha Concert

Hawkshaw

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a primo Koaloha longneck concert ukulele from an individual. It is in beautiful shape and has a low G string. My question is what kind of strings would come with that uke. I don't know if they are original strings, but they don't feel good to me. What brand of strings do some of you use on that uke? What do you recommend. Thanks for the help.

Most of the KoAloha ukes are delivered with "Japanese fishing line" (this from KoAloha themselves) but they recommend Worth clears for replacements. Personally, I'm pretty sure that they are using Seaguar fluorocarbon fishing leaders (aka Japanese fishing line), probably in the same gages as a Worth CM set, on their concert-scale instruments, anyway, because that's what I replaced them with on mine and I could neither see nor hear any difference.

John

Personally I do not like lo g on my Koaloha concert...go with the worth clear light re enntrant string..or sweeter yet martin M600's congrats on your new koaloha Happy Strummings

I really like the strings that came on mine, and the low G sounds great!! (their strings) I'm happy to see some recommendations.

Personally I do not like lo g on my Koaloha concert...go with the worth clear light re enntrant string..or sweeter yet martin M600's congrats on your new koaloha Happy Strummings

Yes, they are thinner than Worth CM, probably more like CL gauges.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I will go with high G tuning with Worths or Martins.

I have the KoAloha superconcert. I loved the factory strings. When it was time for a replacement I used Worth clear low g. Recently switched to PHD high g strings. I like them!

I have a set of Fremont Blacklines, re-entrant (high g) on my KoAloha concert. They have a nice balance and she really sings.
-joe

Top Bottom