Thoughts to consider...

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Whoever said "patience is a virtue" was not waiting for a new ukulele.

any other thoughts or words of wisdom? :confused:

For me, the anticipation is delicious. A great feeling surpassed only by the excitement when the delivery is made and the box is opened. Rare moments to treasure.

I went through that yesterday, almost took down the Fed Ex server updating the tracker!

What type are you getting?

Yeah, waiting can be a tsunami of emotions and excitement. But the happiness of seeing it for the first time is worth the wait.
How about the updates and photos you receive when having one built to your specs? It's even more of a challenge to contain your emotions as to wanting it NOW. Going thru that now and yes, getting more excited day by day.
It's about 3 weeks or less away but won't be waiting for delivery. Will drive the 1 1/2 hours to pick it up.
Excited, yes but patient..................Bo............

"Practice makes Perfect" should read "Practice makes PERMANENT" :)

keep uke'in',

PS "G-C-E-A = Goats Can Eat Anything"

Pretty simple for me, actually. I just erase the thought and go on to other things. Then when it arrives, I not only have the excitment of a new instrument, but I also have several other nagging things off the to do list. It's really not that hard to control your thoughts.:D

Yeah, waiting can be a tsunami of emotions and excitement. But the happiness of seeing it for the first time is worth the wait.
How about the updates and photos you receive when having one built to your specs? It's even more of a challenge to contain your emotions as to wanting it NOW. Going thru that now and yes, getting more excited day by day.
It's about 3 weeks or less away but won't be waiting for delivery. Will drive the 1 1/2 hours to pick it up.
Excited, yes but patient..................Bo............

Aloha Bo..

I am waiting for my Devine..total wait about 2 years..since I am trying to become a better player before I get it I had Eric wait an extra 6 months on his build schedule but I starting to feel it now since I back in Hawaii
..so I still got 1 more year to wait and improve my playing skills..

the wait is so good for me..i practice everyday as long as I can, it motivates me to do the best I can,,so when I open the box I will be able to at least make my new uke sing a little..Lol

where you driving to? in the Islands or what?

lack of communication is one of pet peeves too.

Yes, indeed some top luthiers are extremely good at communication and updates. Others don't answer their phone or emails. Important to know what you are getting into.:D
On a personal level I am sure they are all great in person, but lack of communication can really take the fun away. Especially,if it is months past completion date and no response to your email.

Last edited:
Aloha Bo..

I am waiting for my Devine..total wait about 2 years..since I am trying to become a better player before I get it I had Eric wait an extra 6 months on his build schedule but I starting to feel it now since I back in Hawaii
..so I still got 1 more year to wait and improve my playing skills..

the wait is so good for me..i practice everyday as long as I can, it motivates me to do the best I can,,so when I open the box I will be able to at least make my new uke sing a little..Lol

where you driving to? in the Islands or what?

Aloha Bruddah,
Just above Sacramento, Carmichael to be exact. Be back on Maui end of next month, Honolulu in July fo shua.
How bout a UU Day in Hawaii Nei on July 20th? I'm in contact with ryrod and he's excited.
Will do a post in early July to let our UU Bruddahs in Honolulu know. Stan already knows as I told him a couple months ago of my idea.
Till den, Bo.......

Yes, indeed some top luthiers are extremely good at communication and updates. Others don't answer their phone or emails. Important to know what you are getting into.:D
On a personal level I am sure they are all great in person, but lack of communication can really take the fun away. Especially,if it is months past completion date and no response to your email.

Totally agree with this.
I get updates as the build progresses to give feedback. This way, there are no surprises........Bo...........

Whoever said "patience is a virtue" was not waiting for a new ukulele.

any other thoughts or words of wisdom? :confused:

He he Dean! Well, I don't think St. Augustine was a uker:

"Patience is the companion of wisdom"

but Corazon Aquino well may have been...

"Faith is not simply a patience that passively suffers until the storm is past. Rather, it is a spirit that bears things - with resignations yes, but above all, with blazing, serene hope"

"If at first you don't succeed...look in the trash for the instructions."

Aloha Bruddah,
Just above Sacramento, Carmichael to be exact. Be back on Maui end of next month, Honolulu in July fo shua.
How bout a UU Day in Hawaii Nei on July 20th? I'm in contact with ryrod and he's excited.
Will do a post in early July to let our UU Bruddahs in Honolulu know. Stan already knows as I told him a couple months ago of my idea.
Till den, Bo.......

Sounds good Bo..

I put on my calendar..as long as nothing happens with important family stuff I should be ok..i pickup Stan..hope is feeling better by then..let him know you have a day..

you know the Ukulele Festival July 21 in Waikiki..i think..

I used to live in San Mateo..

3 weeks and new uke day..nice ,sounds like a nice drive up to Carmichael

Last edited:
Aloha Bruddah,
Till den, Bo.......

Bo, I am really looking forward to your new uke day post when you get it very exciting!

Last edited:
Top Bottom