Votes: 28 35.4%
  • Tenor/ Soprano

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Concert / Soprano

Votes: 16 20.3%

• Total voters

ukeeku

Reaction score
Some people know that I have been racking my brain on making a double ukulele hard case. When I talk to those that make single hard cases they think I am crazy (And I may be), but I think there is a market.
Please select the case combos you think would work.
Also please comment on any thoughts you have on the matter.

Last edited:
Aloha,
Deffinitely think there's a market for it. One thing to consider would be size as far as carry-on for airlines. I've bundled together hard cases for my trips and haven't had any problems except request for in flight entertainment, yeah right....
One trip from Maui to Cali, I had a Tenor, a Concert, and a Soprano bundled for one carry on as well as two Tenors bundled for my other carry on.....no problems. Gotta stop buying ukes, hehe.................Bo............

Aloha,
Deffinitely think there's a market for it. One thing to consider would be size as far as carry-on for airlines. I've bundled together hard cases for my trips and haven't had any problems except request for in flight entertainment, yeah right....
One trip from Maui to Cali, I had a Tenor, a Concert, and a Soprano bundled for one carry on as well as two Tenors bundled for my other carry on.....no problems. Gotta stop buying ukes, hehe.................Bo............
Glad to hear this. I am currently taking 2 Fremont tenor cases and making them one double case (bottom to bottom), using rivets and screws. also making a place to span where the handles were to make one center handle.
I am worried that it could cause issues getting through security. I guess we will see.
I will post pictures soon.

I have thought about finding and old style suit case and getting a foam liner made for two tenors.
I have a double gig bag, but would like something to fly with as carry on.

I'm surprised these don't exist. There are double cases for guitars. If ever there was an instrument where it would fun and common to carry a pair, it's - our beloved uke.

I can't vote, because you don't have a double baritone option. :)

I'm surprised these don't exist. There are double cases for guitars. If ever there was an instrument where it would fun and common to carry a pair, it's - our beloved uke.

I can't vote, because you don't have a double baritone option. :)

Sorry, forgot the baritones. If I could go back I would add them, and the sopraninos too

How about a modular system where you can choose two sizes, and fasten the modules together, to make a single case?

I'd like soprano/ baritone.

I like the idea of a double case. I don't think I'd opt for back-to-back, though. Two "doors", two sets of latches, double thick center....it all spells "heavy". Also, I'd like to be able to access both ukes without flipping the case over.

I envision a case that holds two ukes, probably of the same size (concert, probably, for me) that are oriented such that they load into the case side first, rather than back first. The one peghead would face left, and the other right, and the ukes would be back-to-back, so that they sort of nest together. The case could have two compartments in it, one under each neck. One would hold a humidifier/hygrometer, and the other small accessories like tuners, capos and the like. There might even be room enough to store some sheet music....

How about a modular system where you can choose two sizes, and fasten the modules together, to make a single case?

Great idea!

I like the idea of a double case. I don't think I'd opt for back-to-back, though. Two "doors", two sets of latches, double thick center....it all spells "heavy". Also, I'd like to be able to access both ukes without flipping the case over.

I envision a case that holds two ukes, probably of the same size (concert, probably, for me) that are oriented such that they load into the case side first, rather than back first. The one peghead would face left, and the other right, and the ukes would be back-to-back, so that they sort of nest together. The case could have two compartments in it, one under each neck. One would hold a humidifier/hygrometer, and the other small accessories like tuners, capos and the like. There might even be room enough to store some sheet music....
Good Idea on paper until you do it. the issue you run into is that you are left with one side with nothing holding it down. So the uke can flop from side to side. Had the same idea and ran into that issue when I built a cardboard prototype.
Case-issue.gif

Voted concert/tenor, my other choice would be tenor/tenor.
Wow, me too!
I usually play Tenor or Concert. I also have a tenor 6 string. I think it would be cool to be able to bring either a Tenor (or my grand concert) and my six string in one case.

I was thinking to have them be next to each other, where the neck of one is next to the body of the other. Seems like the most efficient use of space to me. Still smaller than a guitar case. I would think that one of those rectangle Stratocaster size cases could hold maybe four ukuleles that way.

wish someone like Steady or ?? would take note of this poll, there are lots of people who will not do this poll or don't know about it but want these double bags for two DIFF. ukes

Top Bottom