New Uke Day!

allanr

Reaction score
My new road-trip uke arrived today, in time for next weeks road trip. It's a sweet little Kala KA-SMHGCE-C All Solid Mahogany Concert Cutaway with a pickup and built in tuner. Tomorrow I'll buy him a gig bag and new string and we'll be all set for our trip up the Mississippi from Nawlins to Chicago.

I lucked out on the Canada Customs lottery too. No extra charges at all. Woo hoo!!!

Woo-hoo! Congrats!

Aloha Allan,
Congrats on your new Kala mahogany concert...I bet is sounds sweet...have fun and enjoy...Happy Strummings...

Picture of the new Kala Concert alone and with a few other members of the family.

I've restrung him with the new Kala Red strings, low G set. Sounds really good! So good that I put a set of the reds on my National too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 27
That looks real nice. I got one on the way. Can't wait!

Congratulations on your new uke! Very exciting! And not getting hit with customs fees an extra bonus.

Mine arrived. What a disappointment. I don't know if I want to send it back or not.

Action at higher frets is high. It plays sharp as you move up the neck. The built-in tuner tunes sharp, perhaps a resonance issue from the lousy intonation.
action.jpg

I thought I got a deal on this for $179.
It's a $479 MSRP uke.
I feel like I got a $79 uke.

Everything else seems quite nice. Has a nice voice, frets are dressed smoothly, seem to have nice appointments, such as Grover tuning machines, faux tortoise shell bindings etc.

neck.jpg grovers.jpg

In know, I know, buy from a local shop, or least a full service onnline retailer. That's what I get for buying from eBay.

Congratulations! That's my uke, too! And I love it, love it, love it! Couldn't be happier with it...every time I pick it up it makes my day...gitarzan, was it properly set up? It doens't sound so...mine was and I can't find a damned thing wrong with it!

Top Bottom