Do you read all, some, or just first post in a large thread before posting response?

Eyeguy

Reaction score
As the title of this thread suggests, just curious if folks read all, some, or just the first and maybe last post in a large thread, before posting a response themselves?

First page, then maybe the second. then I go to the end and see what is happening. then I post. once it goes past 2 pages I will not likely post anything

First page, then maybe the second. then I go to the end and see what is happening. then I post. once it goes past 2 pages I will not likely post anything
Yes.

I tend to skim through the posts as I don't want to repeat something someone else has said.

Dan

I more or less read it all, although if it seems to be veering off in some other direction I go into skimming mode. There's too great a chance of missing some point and looking like an idiot (unnecessarily) if you make a point that's already been made and perhaps beaten to death.

Yet another reason to keep up with the UU community, so you don't have too many long threads to go through!

A wise man who speaks for many of us, is that Tim.

Although I will post later on in a long thread, IF I feel I have anything to contribute.

-Kurt​

Usually all unless I don't have much time or it's a crazy long thread. Even if it's one of those inconsequential "do you read the whole thread or just the first post..." type threads :biglaugh: I like to see what folks are saying when I have time.

It helps that I'm a very fast reader, though.

Thanks to Evelyn Woodhead and two of her most talented speed reading teachers, I read most novels in a few hours so getting through even a long thread is a walk in the park. It would seem a bit odd to make a comment without knowing what ground has already been covered.

tl;dr

Can someone summarise this thread for me ?

Excuse me. I haven't read any of the posts on this thread. What are you guys talking about?

I just look for an opportunity to talk about my most recent uke acquisition. For example, I was reading about Bobs new LFdM and someone mentioned Moore Bettah, and since I just got one, I posted about it.

Ah, gee, the two-page guideline. So that's why it always seems my posts kill the thread...I'm simply posting at the "don't read any more of this" limit. Thank goodness; I'd thought it was me....:eek:

(Does this one die now, too?)

I'm just here stuffing this thread to help it fill 2 pages.

I read all of the posts if I am going to post something in a thread. I don't want to post something that someone already has, and I want to read everyone's opinions before I post my own.

But I certainly don't read every thread! Some are pretty frivilous and silly.

If a thread piques my interest I read everything. And if I'm going to post, I definitely read everything.

If a thread piques my interest I read everything. And if I'm going to post, I definitely read everything.

Always nice to see different perspectives of the same subject....from different people.... you also learn how they tick too and not only the subject matter.... :)

Always nice to see different perspectives of the same subject....from different people.... you also learn how they tick too and not only the subject matter.... :)

Isn't that true?

I usually read most of the posts. Why not? I also pretty much always leave my opinion. If 200 people answer the same way I might want to listen. Or if 100 say one thing and 100 say another, I might want to think about it. I talk a lot here, I guess, too.

Top Bottom