peanutsssss

Pukulele Pete

Reaction score
tumblr_mie6q8Qhlu1qis1uxo1_400.jpg
...............................hope I did this right

Yeah, and if they lost their first issue in the intervening years, when they get to a hospital bed in subsequent years, they should be issued a replacement/upgrade?

keep uke'in',

love this. people keep asking me why, with all the instruments I play, I suddenly picked up the ukulele. I tell 'em because it is such a happy instrument!

The Ukulele doesn't make me as happy as the people who play it.

love this. people keep asking me why, with all the instruments I play, I suddenly picked up the ukulele. I tell 'em because it is such a happy instrument!

Exactly. I took up ukulele last August because I wanted a lift of spirits. Not one single person (well, except my teenage son, but he's critical of everything) has done anything but smile when I say that I play the ukulele. Ukulele don't judge.

Peanuts Trivia:
This appeared in Pete Seeger's banjo book back in the 60's. The instrument named was "banjo" in his version.

I wonder what the original cartoon actually said?

I think Eugene Ukulele did some photo shop on this one..it's been floating around for a while now....hee hee

I think Eugene Ukulele did some photo shop on this one..it's been floating around for a while now....hee hee

yeah I have the original strip at home, which reads banjo. Seeger and others have reprinted that over the years. But about 3 years back I felt it was time to make it say 'ukulele' instead. :p

I first posted it here on the UU in this thread:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?35419-Peanuts-Wisdom&highlight=peanuts+wisdom

Got hardly any views or responses...but somehow I've seen it pop up all over the place ever since. Nice when a bit of good old-fashioned truth gets picked up.

:)

yeah I have the original strip at home, which reads banjo. Seeger and others have reprinted that over the years. But about 3 years back I felt it was time to make it say 'ukulele' instead. :p

I first posted it here on the UU in this thread:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?35419-Peanuts-Wisdom&highlight=peanuts+wisdom

Got hardly any views or responses...but somehow I've seen it pop up all over the place ever since. Nice when a bit of good old-fashioned truth gets picked up.

:)

That was smart Jon!!

Excellent:D

That was smart Jon!!

Yes, thanks Jon. It is so true for ukuleles. They make most people smile at the thought of someone playing one.

Yes, thanks Jon. It is so true for ukuleles. They make most people smile at the thought of someone playing one.

Isn't it though KiB!? It's amazing the responses that a uke can illicit eh! Just a walking talking box of joy. Incredible, beautiful little things they are:)

Here's the original panel. Charles Schulz was and will always be a genius. He is my hero of heroes. One day I'll photograph my Peanuts collection for posterity

ClickHandler.jpg

Top Bottom