Titanium strings + Resonator ?

Almost Human

Reaction score
So I have been feeling that the tone coming from the standard strings on my Kala Resonator was a bit well just not great SO I have bought a set of titanium strings for it I figured metal strings plus resonator was a good idea?

Any thoughts or opinions? Or has any one else done this for their resonator ukulele?

Not too sure on this, but don't you have to watch the string tension, may cause problems with the cone.
No doubt someone will be along shortly with a more informed view!
H

When replacing strings on anything with a floating bridge ( banjo, violin, jazz guitar, resonator, mandolin) replace the strings one at a time, leaving the bridge intact. No need to take pictures or reset angles. On banjoes, violins, etc. a little reference mark is good idea if you ever have to replace the bridge or, god forbid, you drop the instrument (like I did once) and the bridge goes sproing.

D'Addario Titanium T2 strings are nylon. They are not metal strings. My one experience with them left me thinking they are not high tension strings. Nice tone and good feel.

Good advice to swap one string at a time. It helps to have the next string over as a model for how a well installed string ought to look.

Top Bottom