wagon wheel please offer advice

Your wife has a beautiful voice. With the uke playing in mind, I thought you did a great job! Nice mellow strum throughout that didn't ever come close to overpowering the vocals (having the uke laid back during vocals can be a struggle sometimes). My suggestion would be try to experiment with different strums. When you went to the single strums on the last verse it really created a nice open feel. A lot of times we get stuck on a certain strum and apply that to many songs.
Another thing you can try and experiment with is a slightly different voicing, for example:
You're currently doing Down Down Up Up Down,
using G (0232) D (2220) Em (0432) and C (0003) for the first line

Try lifting middle finger on the G chord off of the A string during the Ups. So it will be the normal G shape (0232) for the first two Down strums, then take off the middle finger (will turn to 0230) for the two Up strums and bring it back down (0232) for the last Down strum. You can already hear a nice little movement within that chord now.

For the D you can go from 2220 to 2230

Em 0432 to 0430

C 0003 to (keep)0003 for the two Down strums, (0002) for the two Up strums and 0000 for the last down and you have a nice little walk down leading back to the G chord.

These tiny little changes can add a ton to an arrangement.

Hope this makes sense, look forward to hearing more from you two!

i didn't even ask for advice!! Thanks Craig!! That was very helpful.. my wife and i are more shy....set up the camera, don't even turn it on!!

Great Job!!

No advice, but your wife has a lovely voice and your playing is just fine. :)

Maybe next time if you're not so shy, you could get the two of you in the video?

Um.. yes. Get in front of the camera, please. No exceptions.

And I know you must be loving creating music with your wife. Aside from you know what there is really nothing more intimate than creating music with the one you love. Well done and keep it up.

Top Bottom