Season 63 of the Ukulele "Now is the Month of Maying"

Tootler

Reaction score
Apologies for a lack of introductory video but it was my granddaughter's birthday this week so I'm visiting my daughter in London.

Here in the UK, Spring has been very late coming this year and we have had snow and cold weather much later than usual. The weather has only really started to feel springlike in the last week or so. So I think it's time for some songs about spring. I need cheering up, anyway.

The Challenge

Your song should be about and/or mention spring or one of the spring months; March, April or May. Songs mainly about June, though will not count as entries but do post them as bonuses.

Instrumental entries where the tune title fits the theme are most welcome.

Bonus tracks are encouraged but please show a little restraint in the number of bonuses you post early in the week. Bonuses from your "back catalogue" are welcome.

Multiple versions of the same song are encouraged so if someone beats you to posting the song you were going to do, don't be discouraged, go for it anyway. Earlier seasons have shown we can have several excellent and different versions of the same song.

Terms & Conditions

* Ukulele should be clearly visible in your video somewhere. If you want to include some video of spring at some point, I'd love to see it.
* Overdubbing and multitracking are OK.
* If you're not sure if it's OK, go ahead & do it anyway.
* Mention the "63rd season of the ukulele" somewhere.
* State the title of your song somewhere. I like to know for the playlist.
* Your first video post will count as your entry unless you state otherwise.

Judging

Judging will be by me and my family (if I can persuade them to take part)

Deadline

11:59 PM Hawaii time, Sunday May 5th
That's 11am Monday May 6th BST or 12.00 noon in Western Europe. I don't know what the time will be in Oz, but I'm sure you folks have it worked out.

Prizes

Prizes will really just be token. I have something in mind and will will let you know when I have ordered them.

Playlists

Season 63 Entries playlist
Season 63 Bonus tracks playlist

Last edited:
Of course, March, April & May are spring months only in the Northern Hemisphere - will pabrizzer and other seasonistas down under be allowed to enter autumnal songs? Or ones mentioning August, September and October? ;)

Pabrizzer, that was great. Do you mind sharing the chords for that one? I love the added bits in the instrumental section and the ending run. I know this is "standard" blues stuff but can be hard for us noobs to pick out.

Of course, March, April & May are spring months only in the Northern Hemisphere - will pabrizzer and other seasonistas down under be allowed to enter autumnal songs? Or ones mentioning August, September and October? ;)

I appreciate that it is Autumn in the southern hemisphere but most of the classic spring songs are about the months mentioned, so we'll stick to the terms in the OP

Pabrizzer, that was great. Do you mind sharing the chords for that one? I love the added bits in the instrumental section and the ending run. I know this is "standard" blues stuff but can be hard for us noobs to pick out.
Have posted the chords - if I get a chance I may post a quick "how to" vid in my thread on Links and Videos as others have asked.
Nice job brizz
Thanks.
Pabrizzer...great singing as usual and that uke sounds really good :eek:
Yes I am real pleased with the little flea I bought from you Daniel. Thanks! I missed out on the Fluke.

Pabrizzer - I really think you could do a great Intro to Blues Uke Series of Videos. And you would be worshipped from afar for it. ;) Everyone loves a bit of blues!

Hi everyone, I've been off the seasons grid for a few. Sorry about that. Here's a quick phone take of a George Jones song "Take Me" that gets around to "spring in California" towards the end.
It's not till I tried to sing a GJ song that I realized what a singer he was. And what a singer I ain't.
Thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3poGeiy_UaQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:
Trying to figure out how to get away with Jonathan Coulton's 'First of May' without getting banned from the board....

I've done this song in recent months so I decided to try to improve on that version and just make it a bonus.
It seemed to fit and I don't like to repost old stuff so thanks for your indulgences (but not the kind sold in the Canterbury Tales).

Hi everyone, I've been off the seasons grid for a few. Sorry about that. Here's a quickly phone take of a George Jones song "Take Me" that gets around to "spring in California" towards the end.
It's not till I tried to sing a GJ song that I realized what a singer he was. And what a singer I ain't.
Thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3poGeiy_UaQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Nice tribute to George Jones peewee. I've been working out in my greenhouse all afternoon and listening to the country radio station playing George Jones songs (and songs about George Jones). So it was fun to stop by the Seasons and hear your song.

Top Bottom