Ukulele stores in Manhattan?

Hi Doc,

I grew up in New York City. Here's my favorite guitar store in Manhattan - well worth a visit!

http://soho.rudysmusic.com/

Mahalo,

Don

P.S. Make sure you try the Froggy Bottom guitars from Michael Millard. They are what Martin guitars look and play like in heaven.

Last edited:
Not in Manhattan, but a ferry ride to Mandolin Brothers is well worth the trip.

http://mandoweb.com/

Scooter

Its too bad I leave back to Hawaii on June 3 as at the New York Ukulele Festival this year Theukulelesite.com-HMS will be showing all the K Brands next to Central Park...probably the only time you can side by side compare all the Hawaiian ukuleles in New York at the same time

Last edited:
I just found this old thread while searching for ukulele stores in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Thought I'd give it a bump in hopes that you guys might have more suggestions for my trip next month. Thanks!

Kristi

I just found this old thread while searching for ukulele stores in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Thought I'd give it a bump in hopes that you guys might have more suggestions for my trip next month. Thanks!

Kristi

Note that Mandolin Brothers is now open by appointment only. Stan Jay's family wants out of the business and is looking for a buyer. I fear we may not have this institution much longer.

Yes i remember i almost got a nice pad close to the ferry on staten island.. perfect to walking to the ferry
Holy smokes i wonder which shop will scoop up all the business soon there. This sounds like oppertunity time :)

A lot has changed since 2013. Mandolin Brothers practically gone. East Village Music moved uptown and when I visited there had few ukes. Matt Umanov has a few Kamakas and both new and vintage Martins. RetroFret in Brooklyn has vintage ukes only, maybe a half dozen Martins, Lyon & Healy Shrine uke, etc. Carmine Street Music (around the corner from Umanov in the Village) had Blackbird ukes the last time I was there, one tenor carbon fiber and one Clara concert. I liked the Clara. Not sure what else there is in Manhattan.

Top Bottom