Bait and Switch? Advice wanted

Luke El U

Reaction score
On March 11, a notable company from Southeast Asia made the following public offer via Facebook:

"Hi! We just finished some stock of guitalele 21" with blank on fret board waiting for your order with custom inlay. This is just special price 400 USD with free hardcase!! just order XXXXXXXXukes@gmail.com"

The next day, I called the the owner of the company here in Thailand to tell him I'm interested and would like to see one. He said they're actually made in the Phillipines and could show me one in a few weeks. A few weeks later, the guitalele was not in. He said wait another few weeks. So I did. Then he said wait a few more weeks. Now it's the end of April. I sent an SMS inquiry and got no reply.

What to think of such a business? Should I name them here in this forum?

Can't say, but a 21" guitalele??? Who is the maker? Are they even capable of making a soprano uke worth $400?

Since you havent paid any money yet the worst you could say is, Maybe bait, but there wasn't any switch. Why bother even worrying about it?

Forget about it and move on.

Since you havent paid any money yet the worst you could say is, Maybe bait, but there wasn't any switch. Why bother even worrying about it?

Forget about it and move on.

Agreed. Consider yourself lucky actually, theres probably a few folks in the same boat but 400 bucks poorer.

Top Bottom