all wound soprano strings

Rodney.

Reaction score
Are these out there? I actually love the feel and sound of wound strings, and am wondering if a set of all wound gcea strings for a soprano uke exists.

Not that I'm aware of. I haven't heard any talk of an all wound string set but there has been some discussion about steel strings.

The name is Guadalupe. They are all four wound strings. If you get them, be careful not to cut off the wire wound ends. Possibly super glue would stop them from unwinding if you need to shorten them. Marc Schoberger of Ukiyo Ukuleles puts them on the Ukiyo Vita. The Aquila reds (and I am an Aquila dealer) are not even close to Guadalupes. I have reds on one uke, and Guadalupes on a Ukiyo Vita.

The name is Guadalupe. They are all four wound strings. If you get them, be careful not to cut off the wire wound ends. Possibly super glue would stop them from unwinding if you need to shorten them. Marc Schoberger of Ukiyo Ukuleles puts them on the Ukiyo Vita. The Aquila reds (and I am an Aquila dealer) are not even close to Guadalupes. I have reds on one uke, and Guadalupes on a Ukiyo Vita.

Here's a demo of Guadalupe wound fibercore's on a tenor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2caWBYqoI0

Top Bottom