New Uke Day: Brűko Rosewood concert.

Tootler

Reaction score
Someone was asking about a Brűko uke the other day so I had a look and they had a gorgeous looking Rosewood concert in their online shop. I umm-ed and ahh-ed for a few days and eventually on Friday ordered it. It came today and the appearance was even better in "the flesh". Lovely dark grained rosewood body with slightly lighter neck with a pale wood inlay. Very little decoration but excellent satin finish.

When I gave it a first strum, it just rang out for me. Even my wife was impressed with the tone :)

I've been playing it all afternoon. Definitely chuffed with it.

Bruko04.jpgBruko03.jpgBruko02.jpgBruko01.jpg

Really cool. I have never seen a rosewood topped instrument before.

Aloha tootler,
Wow congratulations...I love the deep rich chocolate color...it is beautiful...wow have fun and enjoy and thank you for sharing...happy strummings....

Oh my gosh, that is gorgeous. You're lucky I didn't see it first. :D I have an all-rosewood Pono tenor that I received from HMS last May, and I just love it - one of my favorites.

hmmmm...was there only one?.....Down UAS, down!

Well DONE, Geoff! That is a real beauty. I like the wood striations on the back and the soft satin finish. Please play it in a video soon.

Did they stain it or is that it's natural color? Either way very nice and looking forward to hearing it in a video.

Did they stain it or is that it's natural color? Either way very nice and looking forward to hearing it in a video.

It's the natural colour. I nearly bought a rosewood recorder some years ago but it was a lot more expensive than the boxwood one I eventually bought. It was that colour.

I'll definitely be using it for a seasons video. Possibly not till next week as I am hosting this week.

Last edited:
Lovely score Geoff. I oogled over that one for the last few weeks too....so yummy. Really curious about the Bruko concerts....still never tried one but been so tempted to hear what they sound like. That one is a stunner for sure mate, enjoy her! Looking forward to your videos...

:cheers:

::Drool::
I am now green with envy!

Looks like I'll have to get a sound sample done soon. Won't be till Thursday as I am busy all tomorrow.

OOoooooh, how lovely! What a gorgeous color. I'll also be eagerly awaiting a sound sample. :)

Sweeet! Congratulations, Geoff. I'm expecting to see some videos with it pop up in the Seasons soon (I still try to watch what videos I can, even though I rarely have time to comment or participate myself this past few months.)

John

That's one of the nicest looking ukes I have ever seen. A sound sample would be most appreciated.

That's one of the nicest looking ukes I have ever seen. A sound sample would be most appreciated.

Congratulations, Geoff! Your new uke sure is a looker, indeed -- just beautiful!!! I, too, can't wait to hear a sound sample! Many congrats, again, and enjoy her!!! :cool:

Top Bottom