Makai LC 80J - Solid Cedar Top/ Juneberry laminate back...Any thoughts?

A.H.

Reaction score
So I was in the local music shop here in Santa Cruz having my uke set up. On the wall were Mainland Cedar concerts, tenors, Mahogany tenors, and some Makai Solid Cedar tops with Juneberry & Willow laminate back and sides, the LC 80J, the concert size. Maybe my ears aren't as trained as many of you here in the Underground, but that Makai played and sounded real nice! I mean, it felt and sounded just as good as the Mainlands. And it was loud!

Even found a clip of Corey from HMS on youtube showing a demo and it sounded real good, but then again, he makes everything sound good.

Also, those are hard to find online and it seems that the local music shop is the only place I found it. Only thing I didn't like about it was the price they were asking, $239, just a few cheaper than the Mainlands.

Any thoughts or experience with this particular Makai??

is good. we carry in store usually. sporadic stock and little funkies keep it offline but it sounds good. Ohana-ish. 239 is high! somebody's got it cheaper for sure. ahh, if you play and like one go for it.

Top Bottom